Main Menu

1971 Hemi Cuda (clone) Convertible FY1 D21

Started by LoStHeMi, April 23, 2023, 02:17:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Somebody is DREAMING just a bit....I really nice blue one just sold at Mecum last month for $190K
This one is missing a ton of details and has painted steel bumpers for cheap sakes  :lookatthat: :lookatthat:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

worthywads

White interior should be standard on convertibles.

cuda hunter

Red White and Blue interiors all look stunning on the verts. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

The bumpers are easy to spot and seems like a very cheap thing to purchase and make right. 

@anlauto Would you point out some of the less obvious details that you mention. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Well for $325K I don't think it should have el cheapo painted steel bumpers.....It's supposed to be  "CLONE" yet it's missing all the standard "Cuda" trim on the belt line and rockers etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on April 23, 2023, 06:28:09 PM
Well for $325K I don't think it should have el cheapo painted steel bumpers.....It's supposed to be  "CLONE" yet it's missing all the standard "Cuda" trim on the belt line and rockers etc...

Wrong rear end too.

71vert340

Hmm. Since it's not an original hemi Cuda, why wouldn't you install torque boxes and frame stiffeners on a convertible? The orange painted transmission seems strange. Are those air shocks on the rear? I would also install front and rear anti-sway bars on it. Just my opinion.
Terry W.

erik70rt

Quote from: 71vert340 on April 24, 2023, 05:54:37 AM
Hmm. Since it's not an original hemi Cuda, why wouldn't you install torque boxes and frame stiffeners on a convertible? The orange painted transmission seems strange. Are those air shocks on the rear? I would also install front and rear anti-sway bars on it. Just my opinion.
Terry W.

If it's an original convertible body, it should already have the torque boxes as they all came with them. Hmmmmm :thinking:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

The torque boxes are on the car, factory Hemi cars never had "frame connectors" so why should a clone ?

MoparCarGuy

Yikes, this one is in the under $100k territory. Too many strikes for the big $.