Main Menu

1971 Hemi Cuda

Started by Brads70, January 07, 2019, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Wow sure bid up to a high price! Wonder were it will go? Not my cup of tea aesthetically , colour and interior but ..... Hood tach looks out of place no?  :notsure:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Plymouth-Barracuda/401679429064?hash=item5d85f5adc8%3Ag%3A4xIAAOSwKV9cL9ZZ&fbclid=IwAR3gQLAQ6MwUBUuEOwEI0lercHb3dnWaXHnlg-AZ3i5QUTJDHhe_MdxnPm4

blown motor

Agreed. The hood tach looks like a GM thing.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JH27N0B

Hood tachs were available from dealers back in the 70s, so it would be interesting to see if that one says Mopar or Chrysler on it.
Vintage pictures members posted on a Moparts thread date back to 1980 when it has a supercharger on it!  All in all, from the pictures I thought it looked better before someone added billboards.
A front elastomaric bumper would look nice, otherwise I like it and wouldn't mind having it in my island of unwanted color car collection, but way too rich for my blood!

blown motor

Chrysler had hood tachs? I never knew that.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JH27N0B

They weren't a factory option, but dealers sold them through the "Hustle Stuff" catalog, which was a predecessor to Direct Connection, and certainly some ended up dealer installed.

6bblgt

anlauto

Personally I think it looks terrible :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

I wonder how long it took to get the Pontiac Firebird sticker off it before they overlaid the Mopar one? LOL  :))
It just doesn't look good on these cars AND, it screws up a very expensive shaker hood, too!  :rolleyes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

pyro273

That's why I love this forum, you learn something new every day...never knew there was such a thing but I agree....why???

6bblgt

Quote from: pyro273 on January 07, 2019, 06:29:15 PM
That's why I love this forum, you learn something new every day...never knew there was such a thing but I agree....why???

WHY?  .....  because just about everyone else offered one - FORD, Buick, Pontiac, AMC, Chevrolet (YENKO) - on their new cars

pyro273

Yeah, sorry, I meant why put one on what is an already good looking car....it ruins the look.

moparcar

Tach, no tach, I love the non-impact color. Something different and individual compared to most 71 Hemi Cudas. Each his own of course. Way past my price point but for the unique car collector who knows? All depends on the restoration quality.
Wes

RUNCHARGER

That car looks way better without the added primer quarters.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

So the build sheet says h6t7 which is saddle tan. 
The interior is definitely not saddle tan.

Is this by chance a color option that was offered on ebodies ?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

H6T7 is different from 1970 to 1971. This interior looks correct to me  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration