Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Barracuda CUDA CONVERTIBLE 383 FACTORY 4 SPEED

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 01, 2021, 12:24:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaize

Quote from: anlauto on May 01, 2021, 04:49:05 PM
I wonder what shop restored it ?

I'm pretty sure there were pictures of this car on the shops website when it was being restored.  I ran across them at one point but I didn't save a link or remember which shop it was.  I do remember that it did say it was a real cuda convertible and was Bahama yellow.   

Skdmark

Quote from: YYZ on May 01, 2021, 04:36:27 AM

If it's a 3.23 car without A/C, why is the 26" code on the tag?

4speed cars got the 26 inch radiator
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Quote from: Skdmark on May 01, 2021, 07:46:20 PM
Quote from: YYZ on May 01, 2021, 04:36:27 AM

If it's a 3.23 car without A/C, why is the 26" code on the tag?

4speed cars got the 26 inch radiator

Maybe, but the car has a 22" rad in it  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

I stand corrected, a 22 inch radiator was possible with a 4 speed and a 383.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

E74cuda

Quote from: RacerX on May 01, 2021, 07:57:21 AM

Why "restore" to that level if you are going to add a ton of options it didn't come with?

Do the inspection paint blobs really matter at that point?

Did the factory install old dry rotted tie rods and pittman arms in 1971?   The seals are crispy and blown out
on every one of them on this car but they still put the inspector paint on them....   guess the grease spewing
out the holes in the seals is "factory approved"      :dunno:

The seals could be NOS. A buddy of mine installed some he had on a restored car and they did the same thing as the ones on this cuda. Apparently Mopar had some made by a supplier that used a lesser quality rubber at one point. It's mind boggling to me how someone could have a car restored to this level and be okay with the tag.

anlauto

I'm working on an original 71 383 auto cuda convertible right now and the owner is suppling most of the parts  :pullinghair: I just pulled four NOS tie rod ends out of their boxes last week....I hope the boots don't end up looking like these... :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration