Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Cuda 340 Shaker Hood 4 Speed B5 Blue SCROLL DOWN FOR 75

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 22, 2022, 12:23:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

71vert340

Nice looking car. I'm partial to that color. Again, things were added that didn't need to be added such as the shaker hood. It will be interesting to see if it hits $100k.
Terry W.

BS27R1B

Looks like a decent Cuda.
I personally like the addition of the shaker hood, 4 speed and Rallye gauges. These could easily be removed if a buyer wanted to do that but I see no reason to do so. Paint matching is not easy and I hate miss-matched panel colours. Matching a hood is a pain as you have multiple panels to match the colour.
This Cuda was a pretty plain car when it was built for the Export market. Adding some functional and desirable options was not a bad idea. I think I would go further and get rid of the horrible standard vinyl interior and replace it with leather.
"  objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are "

anlauto

Interesting to see if it still is a $100K car with all the things you just mentioned :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

Could one of the experts explain the made in USA tag next to the fender tag.  I am not familiar with that.  Nice car; price is high as stated with all the add-ons.

larry4406

I think the "Made in the USA" tag is on export cars?

Why are the fender bolts and hood pin bolts black phosphate?  Aren't these normally body color?

What is the orange plug in the trunk?

antonellomopar

The I is for International, but should have a KM speedo. Probably ordered by a serviceman stationed outside the US, and collected when he came back hole.
Near the fender tag, there should be a Made In USA metal tag, and a decal should be on the driver side door pillar

Please check my 70 six pack sold new in Switzerland

ragtopdodge

Lots of money for a 3-speed (D13) cuda w/faded carpet and rear seat splittage.

usraptor

Personally I thinks he's dreaming if he thinks he can get that much for the car in the condition it's in with non-original parts.  I hope he does 'cause that means that my '70 'Cuda, in much better shape and factory original parts,  is worth a lot more than I think it is.  :bigthumb:

anlauto

That's solid logic, unfortunately 70's don't carry the same outrageous demand 71's do  :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

82firebird

Quote from: larry4406 on May 23, 2022, 04:19:15 AM
I think the "Made in the USA" tag is on export cars?

Why are the fender bolts and hood pin bolts black phosphate?  Aren't these normally body color?

What is the orange plug in the trunk?

Hi Guys  :waving that's my car. The export tag is because this car was ordered new from a US Military member while serving overseas. Yes the bolts should be body color. The car was put back this way when it was restored, hasn't really bothered me at all but the bolts could be taken out and painted if you really wanted, though I don't think it would be as clean with chipped up painted bolts. The orange plugs should be over the shock mounting bolts also, again a detail that can easily be changed.

anlauto

Hey @82firebird have you had any serious offers on the car ? I'm in your court hoping you get the six figures you're asking, but I'm really curious as to whether or not the market is that strong yet.. :thinking:

82firebird

Quote from: anlauto on May 24, 2022, 05:35:48 AM
Hey @82firebird have you had any serious offers on the car ? I'm in your court hoping you get the six figures you're asking, but I'm really curious as to whether or not the market is that strong yet.. :thinking:

Yes I have, but I will keep it for any less. We love the car and I truly don't "want" or need to sell it. Not to mention, I know when life settles down for us in 15-20 years, the prices will be even more out of reach. We just went to the Mecum auction in Indy and everything was up. I say every year, "these prices can't get any higher.."

82firebird

anlauto