Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Cuda Convertible Blue RWD Manual

Started by MasonDaniel7, July 08, 2021, 12:41:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

More like how high will the shill bidding go. Would anyone really pay $115K for a project? 
What would it be worth nicely restored, maybe $125-150K?  I'd say it's worth around 60 as a project given the cost to restore.

6pack

At 70 bids now, wow lots of interest.  It is an 1hour or so from me.  At $115K I guess some guys feel they can do it them selves at that price because it is at the upset price now for getting it done right professionally and waiting 2 -3 years for completion.  Really nice car. he has almost seven hundred Ebay transactions and only 1 feedback for selling a slot car.  Positive feedback though; very interesting.  Nice car.  I would pay maybe $80K in that shape and a 383 because as mentioned another $50-60k to complete properly.

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

anlauto

I restored a very similar car, 383 4speed, only it was red. The owner paid in the area of $140K USD for the car then had me restore it... :dunno:

It shouldn't take 2-3 years of waiting to get a car restored :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

So the owner has over $200 grand tied up in a 383 cuda convertible you restored?
It's not worth that much if he tried to sell it.  I understand one will seldom come out in the black paying someone to restore a car, but still $140K he paid for a project is close to market value for a decent turn key example.
Wasn't there a GK6 4 speed 383 cuda convertible on eBay discussed here recently?  It was at Mopar Ponderosa and Greg was asking $185,000 or something in that neighborhood.  And Greg always asks sky high prices for his listings to you figure on knocking 15-20% off his ask for an estimate of a reasonable market value.

Finoke

I would like to make a couple of comments having owned a real 71 Cuda convertible, a 71 barracuda convertible, 3 Challenger convertibles and I'm currently restoring a 70 Barracuda convertible. These cars are all the same and they don't drive that good if restored to OEM technology. That said, the car is question is very rare with a 4 speed and a good color. I've been saving to get back into another real 71 Cuda convertible. But changed may mind after seeing the prices go up and up for cars that need a total restoration. Will the values keep going up? Who knows, but I decided to buy an 08 Viper instead. The prices are on the rise for the vipers too, but are not so crazy yet. Hopefully a lot more fun to drive too!