Main Menu

1971 Plymouth HEMI CUDA, 4spd, orig motor, buildsheet

Started by MasonDaniel7, November 17, 2020, 11:26:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

That Desoto Ragtop is pretty darn awesome in the background!
Sheldon

anlauto

Will trade his four speed car for an automatic ?  Sheldon, any thoughts on that... :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

floorit426

Quote from: anlauto on November 18, 2020, 07:42:05 AM
Will trade his four speed car for an automatic ?  Sheldon, any thoughts on that... :haha: :haha: :haha:
Finally, someone with some common sense! :clapping:

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha. Clutch must be shot and he doesn't want to change it?
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Guys should lighten up a bit.  That's Greg Nelson of Mopar Ponderosa who was badly injured in an accident decades ago and has disabilities to his lower body.  I don't know him well but I think he's having issues that make it hard for him to use a clutch now, that's why he's moving out some stick cars and buying autos.
I too had a bad accident decades ago which fractured my left leg badly.  I've done fine for years, except a couple weeks ago I had pain in my thigh so went the the immediate care center.  They sent me to the ER and I ended up in the hospital for a week with a blood clot.  I'm recovering now and hopefully all will be ok for continued clutch operating (and walking!), but I've had permanent vein damage from poor circulation for years due to damage from the old trauma, and at some point like Greg, I may be selling off my stick cars for autos.  :crying: At least my convertible is an automatic so I won't ever have to sell it!

floorit426

My response was based on the bashing that automatics receive, frequently. It was also a tongue in cheek statement, as I really don't care what transmission most people prefer. I too, had to sell my wife's 911, due to the fact that it was a stick. She has neuropathy, in her left foot, and cannot operate a clutch so well, anymore.

JH27N0B

All good, it just hit a nerve as I'm a lifelong stick guy, 4 of my 5 cars I now own are manual, and lying in the hospital thinking about my vascular system in my left leg, I thought about how the day will come when I probably won't want to work a clutch pedal anymore.
And I know Greg has issues with his disability and has been selling off his stick cars and buying autos in recent times.
More people wanted automatics back in the day, but now a vintage muscle car with one is almost a red headed step child.  Funny how the popularity of an option shifts over time!

JS29

Understandable! I have always been a three pedal kind of guy.   :yes:

FSHTAIL

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

ragtopdodge

Pretty awesome car, but unfortunatley, high-end musclecars are taking a beating.

Especially since one can buy a the new Ford GT for $600k and it'll appreciate like crazy and drive like nothing else.  Plus there are no CLONES of them.

Smallblock340

Awesome Cuda!  :twothumbsup:

IMO the cover page of the MMC Detroit Wise Vehicle Inspection Report is showing the wrong VIN number (BS23R1B308656).
Same report, page 9: mentioning Canadian Order, while the fender tag plate has the US order code on it...   :brainiac:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

anlauto

Quote from: Smallblock340 on November 20, 2020, 12:42:12 AM
Awesome Cuda!  :twothumbsup:

IMO the cover page of the MMC Detroit Wise Vehicle Inspection Report is showing the wrong VIN number (BS23R1B308656).
Same report, page 9: mentioning Canadian Order, while the fender tag plate has the US order code on it...   :brainiac:

Interesting :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration