Main Menu

1972 Challenger OR Craigs

Started by mopartaz, May 18, 2020, 01:49:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

You would think with the car being a sunroof car they would post some pictures of it. 
Otherwise I wouldn't have even known it had a sunroof if they had not mentioned it.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

mopartaz

Yeah, i dont get it. Craigslist lets you post 24 pics max.  :headbang:

cuda hunter

sure would like to see that fender tag since it's a sunroof car. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

I am not sure the sunroof shows up on the fender tag, I understand it to be on the build sheet. They were not assembly line installed. :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

Isn't there a letter on the sequence number line for sunroof cars? 

JS29

cuda hunter

@anlauto

You have done a few sunroof cars.  Could you please clarify these tag details for us. 

anlauto

3 of the 4 sunroof cars I restored had a "K" at the start of the VON number, and the fourth a "0"  ?

Other then that, there's no indication of a sunroof on a 1970 fender tag, that could have changed by 72, I'm not sure.... :dunno:

Dan is the man to ask @6bblgt
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

most sunroof Challengers have a special VON

Scott is the sunroof "expert" - https://moparsunroofregistry.com/sunroof-cars/:twothumbsup:

JS29

:thankyou: Dan, that was the guy i was thinking of.  :bigthumb:

C_B5

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 18, 2020, 02:13:24 PM
sure would like to see that fender tag since it's a sunroof car.

Agree, would like to see the fender tag for more than just the sunroof.
Obviously the car has been repainted. (picture from ad showing door jamb overspray attached).
Also, can't make out the VIN to determine if its a rallye even though it has all the rallye options, hood, side scoops and dash. Would be interested to know if its a factory white exterior / interior as well.

Mopar5

Price looks good considering people want 10-15 K for rusted out junk cars..

mopartaz

The seller updated his ad with the fender tag pics

cuda hunter

So this has a "G" at the beginning of the sequence number.