Main Menu

AAR on BAT

Started by JH27N0B, February 05, 2023, 07:38:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

This is something I love about BAT, they require a lot of photos and will not list a car without a clear ability to display the cars condition.
Someday I will have a J0b.

JH27N0B

Quote from: 72 Challenger on February 08, 2023, 06:28:25 AM
This is something I love about BAT, they require a lot of photos and will not list a car without a clear ability to display the cars condition.
If I ever get motivated about selling my '71 V code Challenger again, I am intrigued about the idea of trying BAT, since my past efforts of posting ads for it just brought the sound of crickets interrupted on rare occasion by a scammer or some Richard Rawlings wannabe dolts whose first questions wouldn't be about the car, but what my bottom dollar price is. :bigmoney:
I haven't found BAT to be a site where a lot of Mopars are listed, so not sure if it's a good place to sell a Dodge?
The picture part is a bit intimidating.  I love taking car pictures and am pretty good at "beauty shots" of cars, but my attempts at getting underside detail shots and such in the past for requests from some of the Richard Rawlings guys have been frustrating to me, I crawl around taking lots pictures and when I review them later most pretty much suck, not to mention a coat or shirt that now needs to go in the wash.  I don't have access to a lift either.
BAT seems to have a large audience of self serving self proclaimed "experts" who have nothing to better to do with their boring lives then post their inane observations and critiques of cars listed there, reading that dribble on BAT often gives me a headache and my eye muscles get sore from rolling my eyes reading that stupidity.  Not sure I want to deal with that any more than I want to deal with the Richard Rawlings wannabes I've dealt with from ads on Cars online and on forums like here.  :rofl:
Has anyone here ever tried listing a car on BAT and if so how did you like the experience?
Maybe Hemmings auctions is better?

anlauto

:iagree: I tend to agree, I wouldn't want a world of experts commenting on my car without having any first hand knowledge of the car...It's sort of like us picking apart cars we see listed for sale, it's no fun when it's your car :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gzig5

$80,000 with  two and a half hours left on it.  Some of the issues like the cluster, wiper motor, and others were brought up in the chat and the answers seem to be, "I don't know".

It is a nice looking car but I'd have a hard time dropping that much on something that has a strong hint of not being genuine.  But being honest, I don't think I could get myself to drop 80k on a documented real AAR that was worth the price, even as an investment.

RUNCHARGER

That's the exact problem I have. I love E-bodies, I don't mind a few mods keeping the stock theme such as stroker engine, good tires, even old style mag wheels. I drive my cars or I don't own them.
I bought this for $50K USD and it does everything I could ask of it, no leaks, fluid maintenance only and it will scare the heck out of you. I hate to say it but I just don't see the value in the oldies anymore. The black car is appreciating nicely too, which doesn't really matter to me but it's is a nice side benefit.
I didn't think it would ever happen but there is no way I would consider trading my black car for an muscle era Mopar, I guess I would if I didn't drive my cars but for my use, no way. As far as modifying a muscle era car to still perform less than the black car, I'm not interested in that either because in that case again I'll just keep the new one.
Sheldon

anlauto

$89,000 reserve NOT MET  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration