Main Menu

1973 Challenger Restomod - 4 speed / 512 stroker / Hotchkis suspension

Started by dave73, September 08, 2020, 06:13:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Been toying around selling this for a few years. A hot rod I've had my eye on for awhile hit the market and I would sell this for the right money.

1973 Challenger - originally black on black with 318, 3 speed, 8-3/4 rear, minimal options but I have the build sheet and fender tag. Previous owner painted it sublime, I've since painted it black.

Build has about 650 miles on it since the new engine has been installed. I've posted a lot of the progress on here. I documented a lot of the progress on the cuda-challenger site since around 2015 when I first acquired this car (my handle was dave73chally).

-76' 440(stroked to 512)
-Eagle crank, diamond pistons, eagle rods
-lunati hydraulic roller cam 60312
-440 source stealth heads
-comp cam rockers
-850 double pumper
-mancini water pump kit
-champion 26" radiator
-Hedman ceramic coated headers
-TTI x pipe exhaust w/ dynomax superturbos
-approximately 550hp

-4 speed 23 spline (brand new Passon transmission rebuild in 2017)
-hotchkis tvs kit (the steering rods are QA1)
-hotchkis leaf springs
-QA1 front shocks
-Stage 3 steering box (from steer and gear)
-uscartool inner fender braces
-all wiring harnesses in engine bay brand new from yearone
-wilwood front disc brakes
-speedhut gauges
-15" cop car rims (275/60 rear tires and 235/60 front tires)
-dale's cuda shop aluminum rear window louvers
-dale's cuda shop t/a spoiler
-69 camaro front spoiler shaped to fit lower valance
-brand new AMD R/T hood with hood pins
-yearone dash cap (pad undnerneath is cracked but original 3 speaker dash)
-new ACC carpet
-new Legendary leather front seat covers (rear seat is original and perfect condition)
- trunk mounted optima battery

-painted SEM Hot Rod Black with gloss black t/a side strips and gloss black American flag on the roof

-all rust fixed (new rear window filler, lower quarters)
-minor body mods (smoothed and painted bumpers, shaved side markers, shaved antenna)

What it needs:
-professional paint job (currently sprayed SEM Hot Rod Black. It's a decent driver job)

**Have the numbers matching 318 and 3speed trans that will go with the sale. Was running and driving with this setup from 2015-2017**

I have tons of pictures at the various stages. I'm sure there is a bit I am missing on the description. Runs, drives and handles great. The combination of the hotchkis suspension plus the 4speed big block is awesome.

35K in New Jersey

dave73

Any feedback on price? I based it off what some on here said it may be worth/sell for when I posted about it's value a few months back. Thanks all!

dave73

Bumping this to the top. Had a local buyer with a deposit down just back out after turmoil with his job.

JpRngr