Main Menu

1973 Dodge Challenger 340 4-speed, highly optioned

Started by MasonDaniel7, February 27, 2020, 11:28:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

Factory 8-track? Correct me if i an wrong, but that dose not look like a factory radio to me.  :dunno: 

Mixup7071

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Nice car, not sure about the rally pac? I wonder if side moldings could trump the fender louvers? I doubt it.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 28, 2020, 08:17:31 AM
Nice car, not sure about the rally pac? I wonder if side moldings could trump the fender louvers? I doubt it.

I think they do actually  :thinking: I remember reading that somewhere :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

It is an H code! Wasn't 1972 the last year for JS-vin code?  :thinking:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on February 28, 2020, 08:22:45 AM
It is an H code! Wasn't 1972 the last year for JS-vin code?  :thinking:

Yup...no JS in 1973-74

71383bee

VERY nice car!

A few items to tire kick but overall not bad at all. 

That is NOT a factory 8 track unit but it does look like a period correct install making it really cool. Perhaps it was a dealer installed item.  A fender tag picture would be nice to help see what it was optioned with. 

The luggage rack is super cool!  I wish mine had that. 

The side moldings did actually dump the side louvers and strobe stripes for the 72-74 rallye's.  Again the FT would help here.

Its got the wrong air cleaner and what looks like manual steering which i feel is odd.  It also looks like it has headers. 

The tailpanel is also painted incorrectly.  Trunk looks like it has definitely been repainted.  Cool to see the original bumpers and guards though.  Usually those are the first item to be tossed from the 73/74's.   

Overall though a really decent car to watch.  Price is high IMHO but not crazy high. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

7212Mopar

Top banana was very common color back in the days. I would not call it rare. Side louvers look better than side moldings and not a fan of the luggage rack.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

mopartaz

Starting bid 32k with a reserve. Probably lookin for 40k

318Stroker

Quote from: 7212Mopar on February 28, 2020, 08:42:01 PM
Top banana was very common color back in the days. I would not call it rare. Side louvers look better than side moldings and not a fan of the luggage rack.

As a note, Top Banana on Challengers, and its Plymouth equivalent Lemon Twist, was the only extra cost paint option on 73 E-bodies.

JS29

Quote from: 318Stroker on March 01, 2020, 08:35:01 AM
Quote from: 7212Mopar on February 28, 2020, 08:42:01 PM

As a note, Top Banana on Challengers, and its Plymouth equivalent Lemon Twist, was the only extra cost paint option on 73 E-bodies.
:iagree: One of the The last of the HI-IMPACT colors  :alan2cents:

7212Mopar

Probably a popular color and why there were so many of them in yellow. At least there were five in SF back in the late 70s and early 80s. One of them belongs to my HS chemistry teacher. Dont get me wrong, i love yellow. My SRT8 is in stinger yellow.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket