1970 Plymouth Cuda Coupe Purple RWD Manual

Started by MasonDaniel7, December 12, 2021, 11:19:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

Matt M

Car sold
Has a fake tag

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparCarGuy

Makes me wonder if the conversation about selling this car went like this...

Seller: "Hey, I need to take some pictures so I can put that `Cuda on eBay."
Seller's friend: "Yeah, let's park it in the muddy field out back and get some pics."
Seller: "It's already out there with the windows down from the last rain."
Seller's friend: "Okay, I will take some pics. Where's my galoshes?"

MoparCarGuy

Definitely fake. Option codes that are missing, incorrect, or should not even be on the fender tag.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on December 14, 2021, 08:50:42 AM
Definitely fake. Option codes that are incorrect or should not be on a fender tag.

@MoparCarGuy curious why you circled the N42 code in the photo?  My 70 Cuda fender tag shows the N42 code and I know my tag isn't a fake. I've had that crusty thing since 1988 and no one was making fake fender tags for 383 cars back in that day.

MoparCarGuy

The car's VIN shows it is an option 340 H-code car produced in LA (7th digit is E) with the N95 - Evaporative Emission Control which is required as part of the California Emission Package. I mistakenly circled the N42 but the N42 on this tag is actually correct since dual exhaust and tips were standard on a BS model (Cuda) with a standard 383, optional 340, or a 440-4 engine even in California. Note: 1970 440-4 U-code cars are rarer than 1970 440-6 V-code Cudas.

For the record, the N42 - Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips were not available on E74 - 426 Hemi and E87 - 440-6 engines because the N97 - Noise Reduction Package was mandatory on these two engines for California cars. N97-code cars had turned down exhaust, no valance cutouts, and the bolt-on air filter shield to reduce noise.

I will edit the earlier post to remove the circled N42.

cuda hunter

It doesn't appear that the seller was trying to hide anything.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

For the record. 

This 1970 Plymouth Cuda is an original. The owner has had it for 1 year. The vehicle runs great and is mainly used for car shows.
Seller's Notes
Call for walk video or questions 253-335-0532
Vehicle Details
Beautiful real BS23 1970 Cuda 340, pistol grip 4spd. Power steering,disc brakes. Rally dash, beautiful paint. No chips or scratches. High quality paint. Everything works as it should, runs and driver great , new flow masters exhaust . Zero rust!!