Main Menu

1973 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA CUSTOM COUPE on BJ

Started by Poolshark314, October 22, 2020, 05:08:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Poolshark314

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1973-PLYMOUTH-BARRACUDA-CUSTOM-COUPE-241714

Just saw this sell live for $35000 before fees. Looks tastefully done from what I can see, white on black is a unique combo.

Looks like a 72 coming up tmrw, and 4 '70s on Saturday, 1 made to look like a '71.

A lot of Challys as well in the lot. I'll try to list em up separately
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

cuda hunter

Can anyone expand on this issue on the car?  Serious or not?

**SOLD ON BONDED TITLE** **TITLE IN TRANSIT**
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Poolshark314

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 22, 2020, 05:49:15 PM
Can anyone expand on this issue on the car?  Serious or not?

**SOLD ON BONDED TITLE** **TITLE IN TRANSIT**

According to this article, it kinda sounds like it could be a pain, but I have no experience:

https://blog.suretysolutions.com/suretynews/buying-a-car-with-a-bonded-title-heres-what-you-should-know
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

cuda hunter

pretty cool car originally.

White exterior, white vinyl top, white and black interior.  That looks really good.

And the car is a good buy for the money in my opinion.  But I'd like to know what is going on with the engine bay in the close up pictures.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Poolshark314

The 440 dash pad badge is a bit much, but I like the color scheme. Also an interesting choice to opt for exhaust turndowns (crooked on the right btw) instead of getting the rear valance exit. Engine bay definitely did not get the detail treatment like the outside did
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Fastmark

I've done bonded titles before but you better be sure of the cars history no days. The state contacts the owner of record and tells him someone is trying to get a title for they own according to state records. The states asks if you have any claim to the car. If they says yes, then there is a mess to fix. The bonding  company can pay them the amount of the bond or they could claim the car. So, you could lose the car plus all you spent on it or the bonding company will sue you for the bond amount. This is straight from the underwriter of a bond company. The local guys that fixes you up with the bonded title does not tell you this or maybe does not even know it. I've gotten bonded titles that I lost the title on years ago and waited for three years before I touched the car.

cuda hunter

Sounds like a very risky pain in the ass. 
I'm surprised that barret jackson actually sells cars without titles. 

Poolshark314

Quote from: Fastmark on October 23, 2020, 01:23:51 AM
I've done bonded titles before but you better be sure of the cars history no days. The state contacts the owner of record and tells him someone is trying to get a title for they own according to state records. The states asks if you have any claim to the car. If they says yes, then there is a mess to fix. The bonding  company can pay them the amount of the bond or they could claim the car. So, you could lose the car plus all you spent on it or the bonding company will sue you for the bond amount. This is straight from the underwriter of a bond company. The local guys that fixes you up with the bonded title does not tell you this or maybe does not even know it. I've gotten bonded titles that I lost the title on years ago and waited for three years before I touched the car.

Sounds like it could get real messy. Thanks for the explanation!
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

HP2

I had to do something like this once. I had a title that was signed and transferred through three different states without anyone titling it in their resident state.  So I had a history of them releasing the vehicle along with their sales price.

In CO, you can bond a title for a value determined by market estimates or you can do all the mailings yourself with a time moritorium. I chose the time method. I contacted all previous owners I had information on based on the title papers, via certified mail.  Since I had a record of their selling said vehicle, I asked them to sign a new note of sale. All letters were delivered and signed for but I got no response back from any of them. Lacking any response back from them in 90 days, I took the certified mail receipts to the DMV with a State Patrol VIN inspection and all the title documents I had and they sent them to the state DMV who sent me the title a couple weeks later.

Did it have risk, yes, some. I did feel that I had a defensible position if anyone wanted to claim interest since I had a record of sales and their autographs of such. Since the car in question says title in transit, I'd guess they have completed all the research or time portion and they are waiting the state to physically grant the title.  Otherwise I couldn't imagine B-J taking it on the block.

Poolshark314

Quote from: HP2 on October 23, 2020, 10:32:55 AM
I had to do something like this once. I had a title that was signed and transferred through three different states without anyone titling it in their resident state.  So I had a history of them releasing the vehicle along with their sales price.

In CO, you can bond a title for a value determined by market estimates or you can do all the mailings yourself with a time moritorium. I chose the time method. I contacted all previous owners I had information on based on the title papers, via certified mail.  Since I had a record of their selling said vehicle, I asked them to sign a new note of sale. All letters were delivered and signed for but I got no response back from any of them. Lacking any response back from them in 90 days, I took the certified mail receipts to the DMV with a State Patrol VIN inspection and all the title documents I had and they sent them to the state DMV who sent me the title a couple weeks later.

Did it have risk, yes, some. I did feel that I had a defensible position if anyone wanted to claim interest since I had a record of sales and their autographs of such. Since the car in question says title in transit, I'd guess they have completed all the research or time portion and they are waiting the state to physically grant the title.  Otherwise I couldn't imagine B-J taking it on the block.

Thanks for that info. Hope the car was worth it and you still have it lol
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

HP2

It was definitley worth it, but I no longer have it. Lemon Twist '70 Road Runner, 440 6pk with 4 speed, Air Grabber and Dana. Basically the perfect twin to the RTS advertising car. Given the providence of it, it deserved a full on quality resto, which was more than I could give it. It was just a shell and needed everything. But, it was a very solid shell requiring virtually no body work. I did make out quite well on its sale, but sometimes regret selling it.

71cudaddict

The guy who bought it in January came to my shop for repairs car is ratty overheating leaking oil way out of tune but the worst was the vin problem fender tag & dash tag  didn't match rad support or cowl he was able to get his money back due vin problem surprised Barrett let it back in , that is probably the need for the bonded title .

cuda hunter

Quote from: 71cudaddict on October 28, 2020, 07:38:28 AM
The guy who bought it in January came to my shop for repairs car is ratty overheating leaking oil way out of tune but the worst was the vin problem fender tag & dash tag  didn't match rad support or cowl he was able to get his money back due vin problem surprised Barrett let it back in , that is probably the need for the bonded title .

Thanks for the info!  Not surprising there are problems.