Main Menu

1974 AC Baracuda Project from AZ. $13K SOLD!

Started by z76232, September 05, 2017, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

z76232

Took this in on trade for a Corvette. I'm told this Very rare optioned Original AC car. 1974 B5 Blue Plymouth Baracuda Cuda. Body is in beautiful condition. Panel fit is perfect with almost zero rust issues. Car has never been painted, molested or taken apart. Has a newer built 440 big block for it and 727 transmission. PS, PB, Automactic, console, Rally wheels with new beauty rings. New seat interior, go wing and too much more to list. Told you just don't find these to build anymore in any condition but none like the condition this one is in. It even has the Original paint. The built blue one is the one I would like to build. Not sure about the price but asking $13k with the built 440 or $12k without to start. I may consider partial trades and offers. Message me for my number and Call and we'll talk. Dave
(Can't figure out how to include pictures. Can e-mail them or a little help please  :dunno: )

HP_Cuda

Sounds like a great project.

You can attach photos using the attach feature below the dialog box.

:twothumbsup:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

z76232

Some pictures, I hope.  :lookatthat:

z76232

Yes the body is straight as can be. All the glass is good including the windshield. Clear AZ. title in hand. 15" rally's. Only surface rust where it had a vinyl top. Small silver dollar rust stop on the right rear quarter. Really amazing shape for a 43 year old car.

HP_Cuda

Looks like a great project.

To help you out more, can you post some pics of the floor pans, trunk pan and frame rails. As well, for added bonus selling candy can you tell us what the raised portion of the 440 block says.

It should read something like E 440 and then a date below and possibly HP.

Roadman

I think it's a great project, for someone like, hmmm, lets see.   :thinking:  Oh, yea @ViperMan

:rebelflag"

z76232

Looks like it says J4 and under that is 19  1. I did find out that the distributor was changed over to petronix. It's still over 100 degrees down here. When it cools down I'll either jack it up or get it on the lift for some pictures of the floor boards. The inside and trunk are full of parts so when it cools down I'll get that cleared out and pictures. Here's pictures of what I saw on the engine.

HP_Cuda

The J code on your engine block designates the year 1974, now the largest motor you could get in a Cuda in 74 was a 360 so this may have come from a motor home or truck. The motor looks to be in good shape.

The other pics should help you move this project if they are in good shape!!!

z76232

Before it got to hot this morning I was able to empty the trunk and pull the carpet up on the drivers side. What I found was amazing. This car is really solid. There isn't even a dent anywhere on the car. You can sure tell it's been in the desert it's whole life. Now all the vinyl and rubber is another story. :) If you are interested you can also e-mail me at rbbuddy@cox.net Thanks Dave

z76232

440 Engine Specs:
30 over bore
10/10 crank
452 Heads
933 Valve Springs
474 Lift Mopar Performance Cam
Keith Black 9 to 1 Pistons
1/2 Oil Pick-up

z76232

Cuda Cody

No joke, that seems really solid!!!!  Don't see many that clean any more.

EMCD

Just buy mine. Add a shaker and you are there

cuda hunter

What is the fender tag readout?

Is there a build sheet?

titled?

Is the original engine/trans  still with car? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

z76232

No build sheet. Clean AZ title. I'm sure the 440 is not original. Someone said the Vin was a 318 car. Will take a picture of the tag and post it tomorrow.