Main Menu

1974 Challenger; wish I would have seen this two weeks ago!!

Started by Matt13, March 06, 2020, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Yea...that looks like it could be a nice deal...

Hard to imagine that our toys now cost over $20K ....don't know how young guys can even think to afford a classic car.. :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Quote from: blown motor on March 06, 2020, 07:20:46 AM
No pics of the engine bay or the underside. Hmm.
Yeah, I'm thinking something is lacking for that price, or else it's a really good deal. Who knows if its an original California car.

RUNCHARGER

It would be worth checking out for sure if you're anywhere near to it. I would expect issues (needs the right door adjusted for instance) but if the overall body is pretty good it would be very good value.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Check it over carefully but you could be way ahead buying that one done & selling your project  :alan2cents:

71383bee

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 06, 2020, 09:47:07 AM
Check it over carefully but you could be way ahead buying that one done & selling your project  :alan2cents:

Yeah I agree that a pretty sweet deal there.  The mechanical upgrades alone on what likely was a 318 rallye are worth it.  Some weird stuff on the body but not too crazy.  If its solid its a good deal. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

gzig5

I smell a scam.  No way that a car that nice with those upgrades would be listed that low unless the owner was clueless, even if it is a less desirable year.  If I'm wrong, someone is about to get a smoking deal in my opinion.

On the other hand there is a very nice big block Challenger for sale over on FEBO and he hasn't been able to sell it in the mid 20's price range for several weeks.

Matt13

Quote from: gzig5 on March 06, 2020, 12:51:36 PM
I smell a scam.  No way that a car that nice with those upgrades would be listed that low unless the owner was clueless, even if it is a less desirable year.  If I'm wrong, someone is about to get a smoking deal in my opinion.

On the other hand there is a very nice big block Challenger for sale over on FEBO and he hasn't been able to sell it in the mid 20's price range for several weeks.
He's down to asking 23k for it now. That's a steal!