Main Menu

2 cudas on Kijiji

Started by EBODYBEAR, January 23, 2021, 09:48:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

EBODYBEAR

Shoooter

I saw these this morning. I thought the same thing. over priced. If they are not then it just puts these cars even farther out of reach for most of us.

anlauto

I don't agree with them being over priced whatsoever....

Take the V code hardtop at $170K CDN....that's only about $135K USD and if the car is legit, documented with that colour and those options...he's not too far from reality ....

And a $200K convertible.... $158K USD.....it's a great colour, and again not too far from the average asking price of a 71 Cuda convertible, although I think he's in four speed territory not auto with AC.... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EBODYBEAR

Quote from: anlauto on January 23, 2021, 10:14:28 AM

Take the V code hardtop at $170K CDN....that's only about $135K USD and if the car is legit, documented with that colour and those options...he's not too far from reality ....

And a $200K convertible.... $158K USD.....it's a great colour, and again not too far from the average asking price of a 71 Cuda convertible, although I think he's in four speed territory not auto with AC.... :alan2cents:

@anlauto the V code definitely has some nice options, i just thought it was a little high for the non #'s motor. How much does it hurt the asking price to not be #'s? And the convertible just sounded high but I dont know much about vert's..... Im still new to this haha

Shoooter

Ok how about OVERPRICED in my mind as I can surely never afford one now. They are very nice cars

anlauto

Quote from: EBODYBEAR on January 23, 2021, 10:35:27 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 23, 2021, 10:14:28 AM

@anlauto the V code definitely has some nice options, i just thought it was a little high for the non #'s motor. How much does it hurt the asking price to not be #'s? And the convertible just sounded high but I dont know much about vert's..... Im still new to this haha

Spend some time on the Mecum Auction website, log in and do some searching....

Here's a similar car sold for $165K https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0121-444591/1971-plymouth-cuda/

or one that is near and dear to my heart (now with added options) sold for $143K 
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-378732/1971-plymouth-cuda/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71vert340

On the 71 Cuda 383 convertible, his last sentence in opening description made me chuckle. "Serious injuries only"  :D
Terry W.

anlauto

RUNCHARGER

I looked at a 71 Cuda being restored like that near Edmonton about 20 or so years ago. I think the guy was getting the bodywork done at an Earl Schieb quality body shop and it looked like it. Not sure if that is the car or not as there were a few of those brought to Canada with those options to highlight the 71 model year as I remember.
Sheldon

mccannix

Sheldon is correct.
There were 6 perhaps 7 of these all the same color, all optioned the same...440-6 auto, louver, wing, billboard, shaker, black vinyl interior, 1971 rubber bumpers...I see this one has a front 70 bumper.
All were 22 inch rad and 3:23 open rears.
I have a friend who owns one and I believe the others are known.
He told me the owners are always skeptical when another one surfaces.
This may very well be one of the originals but he told me of one bogus one floating around in Canada.
"complete decoded fender tags available" ??...why the secrecy, just post a picture when trying to promote a sale of a high end car like this.