Main Menu

2 V code pilot verts

Started by Chryco Psycho, August 08, 2019, 08:28:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

WCC

Brads70

Both are really nice cars, but the Challenger really stands out/speaks to me !  :drooling:

750-h2

Back in 1991 at the Canadian Moparfest in London or maybe it was St- Thomas Ontario, there was a nice identical V code Challenger convert for sale. The owner was asking $35,000 and at the time everyone thought he was  :looney: This is the same show where I bought my J code 1968 Hemi Charger for $12,000. Charger was complete but needed to be restored. I miss those days! :cheers:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Brads70 on August 09, 2019, 05:16:53 AM
Both are really nice cars, but the Challenger really stands out/speaks to me !  :drooling:

I'm more of a Cuda fan but I agree, The Chally looks sharp

JH27N0B

Is the Challenger really a pilot car or is is one of that group of similar but not identical red V code convertibles that were built early in the model year as promotional cars?

E74cuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 09, 2019, 07:05:37 AM
Is the Challenger really a pilot car or is is one of that group of similar but not identical red V code convertibles that were built early in the model year as promotional cars?

The Challenger is a true Pilot car #21. A friend of mine in the S.F. bay area knew where it was and picked it up around 20 years ago. It was in very nice original condition but needed a restoration. It had the original engine and was missing the original trans. He located the trans in So Cal in the hands of Ken Funk and they worked out a deal. All original sheet metal but I believe no body stampings or sheet. He sold it to Steve Fox, then I believe it went to Brett Torino who sent it to Julius to do the restoration.