Main Menu

70 Challenger SE project

Started by Iowa Six Barrel, January 10, 2018, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Iowa Six Barrel

selling my 70 Challenger SE. Car came originally with a 318 and a 4 speed. There were 59 SEs built with a 318 and 4 speed transmission BUT there is no motor or transmission with the car. This SE came in Go Mengo Orange. I have all the SE trim pieces except the wheel well trim. Much of the outer metal is good. Will need some more attention but all in all its in good shape. Trunk lid is in great condition. Frame is solid. Floor pans and lower A pillars need replaced. I have rear floor pans and new AMD A pillars. The new trunk pan is tacked in. I DO NOT have bucket seats or rear seat. I do have all glass including the smaller SE rear window. I have the grill. I have the side marker lights and rear tail lights with original back up light. I have the bumpers. I have new, in box rubber molding for doors and trunk. I have new AMD front valance and new AMD lower radiator support bc original is a little bent up. I have the challenger and SE badging and the original dealer tag that was on the trunk. I have black SE door panels and black rear panels. I have a black dash with non rally
gauges. Car has an after market TA hood. I also have a pair of side mirrors that are correct for 1970. I have pictures of all the parts. There is NO dash vin. The original door sticker is there and the cowl number, fender tag and radiator support number all match up.
Datatags.com can reproduce the dash vin. I listed the price at $15000 only because that would be a break even point. I can text pics of all the parts I have if you are a serious buyer. I do not expect to break even on what I have. I will entertain all reasonable offers. All I can say is no thank you. Please PM if your legitimately wanting more info on this car. Thanks. Jeff

Cuda Cody

Great color and a 4 speed!   :twothumbsup:  As you know and stated, missing some of the items you listed is going to make it hard to recover all the money you have in it, but you have to start somewhere.  Good luck with the sale.

Iowa Six Barrel

Yes, wish I had motor and 4 speed. But when I got it, I was leaning towards a 340 6 pack. As I had a 1971 340 at home. Also had an extra complete 6 pack. Also had air grabber air cleaner set up. I had the 71 automatic transmission. It had so much potential. But things change and your 2 year gets a brain injury and things start to go. My friend is building a Challenger with his son so there went the motor and transmission.  A guy in AZ is building a 440 car and got the air grabber. A friend is building a TA so he got the 6 pack. So hopefully the next guy can restore and enjoy.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Iowa Six Barrel on January 10, 2018, 10:16:25 AMBut things change and your 2 year gets a brain injury and things start to go.

I'm truly sorry to hear about this, hopefully your child can recover fully, thats never a easy deal...   These cars are a nice distraction but mean nothing compared to a child..

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Good luck with the sale. Cars are a fun diversion but not the most important thing in family life.
Sheldon

nsmall

Im really sorry to hear about your son.  I hope he gets better soon.

Not sure what others think, but what about ebay or carsonline.com to get some exposure?

Good luck and Go Mango will hopefully help the sale.  4 speed cant hurt either.

Dakota

Sorry to hear about your son's injury.   Here's hoping for a full recovery!!

Iowa Six Barrel

Thank you guys for the support. I appreciate it very much. I never really was into cars growing up but as I got older my interest grew. 10 years ago I got my first Cuda. It opened the door to new people that just wanted to help and share information. It's really cool how I've made great new friends just through the love of cars. One is 25 years older than me and when I told him about going to look at a motor far away, he told me to pick him up at 4 am so he could go with me just to make sure I didn't overlook anything or make an expensive mistake. My other friend is about the same, close to retiring, has his own projects but offered to help with mine first. I've been fortunate in many ways - surround yourself with good people and good things will come of it. My son has had a lot of thoughts and prayers sent his way and there is no doubt that it has made a positive difference. Sorry for such a tangent from trying to sell a car, but I just wanted to recognize those who have expressed their well wishes. I look forward to the day I can hand over the Cuda keys and give him that car... Granted I won't know what happens after that because I'll be on my death bed the day he gets it. 😜

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 10, 2018, 07:05:06 PM
Yes: Good luck with the sale. Cars are a fun diversion but not the most important thing in family life.
:iagree:

johnq2

Prayers for your child, Car is Super start for someone, if still available in April, I will contact you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
70 Cuda Convert 340 auto
59 Belvedere Convert 413 auto, dual quads

Iowa Six Barrel

Hello John. I think I sent you a mail message. My sent box does not show it. Let me know if you did not receive it. Thank you. Jeff