Main Menu

70 cuda

Started by EBODYBEAR, August 24, 2020, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: EBODYBEAR on August 26, 2020, 06:21:33 AM
anlauto
Quote from: anlauto on August 25, 2020, 10:38:56 AM
@EBODYBEAR are you in Ontario Canada, or Ontario California ?

Do we know the asking price for this Cuda ? Is it already in your Country ?

Im in ontario canada, and he settled at 22k CAD.

So did you buy it ? $22K CDN is pretty decent for a V code project. :bigthumb:
I'm also in Canada, in Georgetown Ontario ....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

That would be a nice car restored back to original ....bench seat and all ! :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

xx88man

Sounds like you bought it..... Congrats!!! Cool project!!  :1place:
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

I think you did really well. AMD metal adds up in a hurry especially here in Canada, it looks like you are way ahead of the game, especially if it came or you already have the parts to put it back together.
Sheldon

YYZ

That looks very much like a V-code that I knew of back in the '90s.  Yellow, column shift, buckets, 4.10 Dana

If there is collision damage to what's left of the original quarters, and the replacement skins are just held on with Robertson screws; I can probably share more info on the car.

YYZ

So, in checking some records, I know this car very well, and know a few of the prior owners as far back as the mid-1980s.  Back to when it was last running/driving, with shiny B5 blue paint.

It's not clear whether the OP has purchased the car yet, or whether he's trying to determine if the price is fair.  For reference, the $22K CDN is about $15K US.

IMHO, it would depend on what the car comes with.  The actual unibody is pretty solid, and the tags match the stampings.  Main floors, roof, etc are solid.  The trunk floor appears to have deteriorated over the years.  Inner fenders have been replaced and would need to be either modified back to '70 specs or have '70s put in.

In the few years that the car was in the New Hamburg area, it was damaged, and then stripped down.  The quarters were removed crudely with a Sawzall, which is a shame, because the condition of the wheel houses, extensions, and rest of the body, indicate that there would have been only minor rust.

OTOH, it would be a neat car to restore as it was ordered to do one thing -- and that is to go fast in a straight line.

Yellow on black, buckets, 440-6, column auto, 4.10 Dana, tinted glass, AM radio and that's about it.

YYZ

I should also add, that as the car is still in Ontario, and the US/Canada border still remains closed, it's probably worth a slight premium to be able to get something within a few hours of home, that isn't a rustbucket, and that can be inspected before purchase.

Car had an 8 3/4" the last time I saw it -- not sure if a replacement Dana has been sourced for it or installed.

YYZ

Correction -- back to the late 1970s...

Crocha617

That's a great deal if all the parts are there.

headejm

YYZ

Quote from: headejm on August 28, 2020, 11:05:54 AM
Hmmm...$15k  :haha:

Again, it would depend on what all comes with it.

However, if rotted out 318 cars are pulling $10K as projects, a legit V-code car in a high-impact colour with a Dana, is a far better start.

anlauto

I'd take the original poster's car in a heartbeat over those examples.

EBODYBEAR

Update:

I am going for a 24hr drive to check out the car next weekend and hoping to bring it home on a trailer. Im really excited and can't wait to go see my dream car. Any suggestions in particular on hidden spots to look for?

RUNCHARGER

Not really: Basic body looks good, there may be some hidden damage but everything can be repaired, the more parts that come with it the better. Also check that the #'s have always been on that shell.
Sheldon