Main Menu

70 Plum Crazy Purple Challenger 340 for sale

Started by Titan912s, April 20, 2019, 09:33:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Titan912s

Hi guys;

It's been a couple years since I posted, and as with a lot of restorations, life and distractions get in the way.  You can read about me picking up my '70 Challenger in https://forum.e-bodies.org/new-members-introductions-roseville-moparts/3/hello-from-lake-of-the-ozarks/1330/msg18486#msg18486 It mentions my Nova, which sat in body shop jail for 22 months.  It looks fabulous now, and I'm close to getting going with the LS swap on it.  The Challenger was supposed to be next in line. My wife has wanted a Thelma and Louise T-bird for a long time, so I secretly bought one 1.5 years ago, and put it in the body shop (only 6 months this time).  I surprised her with it on her birthday last weekend.  The Challenger was supposed to be next in line...  Then, a miracle happened.  I had a '69 Camaro RS convertible during the 80s and 90s, and lost it in the divorce from the 1st wife.  I've been looking for it for almost 20 years, and finally found it in Wisconsin.  The best part is that he'll sell it to me.  It's mostly disassembled, so this will be a long, but worthwhile project for me.  That puts the Challenger to the back of the line... again.  I'm afraid it'll be 5~7 years before I get to it, plus I need the money to help re-purchase the Camaro. 

So, about the Challenger:  1970, FC7 Plum Crazy Purple with white interior and NO vinyl top.  Date-correct 340 4BBL, 727 trans.  It runs and lot drives.  No mufflers though, so it's loud.  I have enough body panels to practically build another car.  2 hoods, 2 sets of fenders and doors, 3 trunk lids, quarters, trunk and floor pans, valence panels and a complete new white interior, still in boxes.  I looked up all the extra parts and the total came to $7455 alone.  I have e-mails and pictures from the 3rd owner back in the 80s.  $11,500, located at Lake of the Ozarks, MO.
J.D. Stewart

Dakota

Welcome back.   Looks like you'll have your hands (and garage) full for a while.  It's great that you've been able to find your Camaro.   Best of luck with all your restoration work.   

RUNCHARGER

Good luck with the sale. The car looks decent.
Sheldon

anlauto

More then fair asking price, that car will sell in no time  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

aussiemark

If I were you I would leave that Camaro and ex wife in the rear view mirror and move forward with the Challenger.

Titan912s

Dave, you could always do what I did, and get the car without telling the wife.  :ebay:  She never looks in my shop (it's not at the house).  It took me about a month of talking about Challengers to finally admit I already had one.  :-[ She was very understanding...  :madashell:  :verymad:  I've gone 2 years with her bringing the Challenger up every time she wants something.  I finally evened things out by giving her her dream car for her birthday last week, a '64 T-Bird convertible (Thelma and Louise style).  I hid that one from her for 1.5 years while finishing it. 
J.D. Stewart

Titan912s

Anyway, back to the Challenger.  I was at the shop this afternoon and took a couple of engine pictures.
J.D. Stewart

nsmall

xx88man

I love this car.... does it still need metal replacement? It looks good in the pictures ........ does it have rust?
Keep yer foot in it

Titan912s

For all of those who asked, I took a bunch more pictures today. 
J.D. Stewart

Titan912s

More...
J.D. Stewart

Titan912s

More of the underside.
J.D. Stewart

Titan912s

Even more...
Floor pans look like they've been replaced once before.  I see rivets.  New pans are included.  Quarters have rust, but new ones are included also.  There are a couple rust holes around the rear window.
J.D. Stewart

Titan912s

Parts that are off the car, plus new Legendary interior.
J.D. Stewart

Titan912s

Rear of the car...
J.D. Stewart