Main Menu

70 vert, why no bids yet ??

Started by kathyscuda, November 07, 2018, 03:52:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kathyscuda

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda/192712622510?hash=item2cde9141ae:g:JIsAAOSwtxlb3x5K:rk:6:pf:0&vxp=mtr

no one wants this one.there so rare, its an easy project. only needs a motor.you know whats worth when its done.
come on alan join in.  lol
I would give him 18k and he would be making money.
40k is the price on a different planet.

anlauto

I agree because it's a 1970. He's asking 1971 Barracuda convertible prices, $40K is definitely at the high end on this one. It will likely sell in the mid to high $20's, he may see $30K+ but it would take awhile....A lot of buyers are scared of "no motor" especially when it comes to shipping, but most Builders think of it as one less thing to remove and trash...

Somebody will put a modern drive train in it. :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Looks like a really cool and pretty solid project. 

RUNCHARGER

Wow: That looks like a great car. Not all of them have to be restored. I would drop in a stock appearing 360 and clean it up a bit is all.
Sheldon

superdave

Because I don't have the cash to back up my bid... :headbang:  :crying: Agreed that someone will drop a modern drive line or  maybe a hemi boom we see $140,000 listing. :rolleyes: That is a very solid car $40k is too high around $30k it could make a great driver in pretty short order. At any rate the 318 cars continue to disappear. :alan2cents:
    Dave

RUNCHARGER

That's why I would keep it a stock appearing small block. Most likely it will become just another clone or modified and it's history will be gone.
Sheldon

scf100

nice project for sure........but 40k too much
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Pentastarnut

he's two hours from me, i talked to him several years ago about a Duster i was interested in. man i wash this was available two years ago when i was looking for a roller i'd LOVE a vert  :inlove:

HP_Cuda

Maybe some hidden rust issues there but you never know until you peel the onion.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

moparcar

Sure does look solid. Either way it's a complete media blast to find out! $40K is too high but most vert projects like this are pretty trashed. $20-25K and you've got a good start for a restromod vert which is very cool. Most of the hard to find vert parts are there, and mostly complete otherwise. I guess it depends on how much you want original or how much you want a fun car!  :burnout:

Do the weld in SFCs, stiffening kit, 3G hemi and mostly bolt on suspension like hotchkis and this would be an awesome ride that you don't have to worry about being all #s matching, etc.

I'd roll in it!

ragtopdodge

$40k will need a paint job.

Maybe another $3k to do the interior.

$15-30k for motor/trans combo.

Might as well get one done  for $60k+ for a clone.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: Buy for $20k-$25k, $5k for an engine and run the wheels off of it. Otherwise it's a no go.
Sheldon

1973Barracuda

Am I wrong, 14,900 buy it now on this one?

1973Barracuda

Disregard, got pushed to another car

340challconvert

Was bid to 25.2k
No sale; auction ended
:takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible