Main Menu

71 383 cuda for sale near me

Started by MikeMikeMike, December 18, 2017, 07:08:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MikeMikeMike

I saw this on craigslist today. Its in the next town over from me here in southern nh. I think it was posted a few months ago and must not have sold. I think I emailed with the owner once or twice but didn't want to waste too much of his time as I wasn't a serious buyer.

https://nh.craigslist.org/pts/6429738672.html
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

HEMICUDA

Looks like he wants every penny back for all the reproduction parts he bought.

anlauto

It might be worth it as mentioned if you add up all the new parts :dunno:
71 Cuda's don't grow on trees...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jim AAR

Quote from: anlauto on December 18, 2017, 07:53:10 AM
It might be worth it as mentioned if you add up all the new parts :dunno:
71 Cuda's don't grow on trees...

I agree, sounds reasonable for all the parts he has for it.

Plus reading it, seems like he is not 100% set on the price he is asking.

Spikedog08

Not sure about the value but makes me nervous that all the body stamping don't match the VIN.   

:thinking:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Spikedog08 on December 18, 2017, 11:06:38 AM
Not sure about the value but makes me nervous that all the body stamping don't match the VIN.   

:thinking:

The cowl matches... Thats the main body.... There is no rear stamping that he's can't find, there never is on an E body.... That leaves the radiator support, doesn't take much to damage that & the replacement won't match....  No worries in my book.....

71GranCoupe

If it was closer, I would take a look at it. I did spot what appears to be the front rad support in a pile of parts too. I would not kick this to the curb so quick without a personal inspection.  :alan2cents:

Crocha617

The car is legit. I think the  radiator support and inner fenders were missing when I dragged it up from the Carolinas 11-12 years ago. The cowl matches the vin., fender tag, title. It was still in the original paint at the time. I started working on it but the wife got pregnant and we sold our house in the middle of it. It sat in storage for a year and then i sold it to Craig. Someone gutted it and started building a race car way back in the day.

RUNCHARGER

I think it sounds in the ballpark as well. B5 71 Cudas look nice. Rallye gauges too.
Sheldon