Main Menu

'71 Challenger 426 Hemi Vert - $75k

Started by 303 Mopar, January 24, 2019, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Quote from: anlauto on January 25, 2019, 07:54:33 AM
"CLONE" ? I thought that meant a copy of something that existed ?

Nobody has touched on the fact that 1971 R/T convertibles never existed in the first place, let alone a Hemi convertible.

That's why the side scoops and R/T stripes look out of place.

I think $75K is a pretty fair deal for a nice cruiser. :alan2cents:

Okay not a clone a made up what I like driver..
Picky--Picky--Picky :haha: :haha: :haha:

JS27

71gogreen

They still offered a Hemi in the E bodies for 71. Let's call it a Tribute car. :wrenching:

ragtopdodge

If the car is CLEAN underneath and great trunk/engine compartment (would be cool to see more pics!), it would probably do well in a venue like BJ or Mecum.

Even w/the 10% hit.

Stance is spot on.  Something different than the usual pro-touring route.

:clapping:

anlauto

Quote from: 71gogreen on January 25, 2019, 10:10:20 AM
They still offered a Hemi in the E bodies for 71. Let's call it a Tribute car. :wrenching:
Not in a 71 Challenger convertible :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

superdave

Quote from: anlauto on January 25, 2019, 07:54:33 AM
"CLONE" ? I thought that meant a copy of something that existed ?

Nobody has touched on the fact that 1971 R/T convertibles never existed in the first place, let alone a Hemi convertible.

That's why the side scoops and R/T stripes look out of place.

I think $75K is a pretty fair deal for a nice cruiser. :alan2cents:
That's one of the greatest Mopar disappointments in my humble opinion  :crying:  Does anyone know why no R/T or larger than 383s on '71 Challengers? Especially since you could get it in a 'Cuda.  :('

71gogreen

I guess my 71greengo convert is not worth making into a tribute car . Is anyone interested in it? :wrenching:

RUNCHARGER

That engine probably is an MP crate alright, it even has the lovely blue plug wires. I would figure on a $10k correction  charge getting the engine right. The 69 door panels are interesting on a 71. I still like the colours and overall look though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 25, 2019, 07:00:54 PM
The 69 door panels are interesting on a 71.

I would venture a guess that they are cheap Palco panels, not original early 1970 production panels :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mjb765

Looks like a lot of people either think it is too much $$$ or they don't like it....2 days left and still no bids.

This would probably be the only way I could ever afford a hemi :crying: