Main Menu

'71 Challenger for sale spotted at local cruise

Started by JH27N0B, September 03, 2019, 09:05:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I saw this one last night at a large area cruise in Skokie IL.  I didn't see anyone with it to ask about it.  It's got a hemi in it, but the VIN was JS23H1B.  I don't recall if it was stick or auto. No fender tag.

1 Wild R/T

72 fenders with the generic markers, 72 & up inner drivers fender with the battery mount bolt location.... Looks like 72 seat pattern... Not sure why he has two ballast resistors.. Pick one...

JH27N0B

More than a bit cobbled together I know!  Maybe even rebodied, but depending on the price, which I have no idea what the ask is, might be interesting to someone for a race car or street machine.

bcbassfishing

YellowThumper

Cowl vents are the later model clip in type.
Did you happen to see what the tail lights looked like?
X2 on 72-74 inner fenderwells.
Was the vin number you noted from dash plaque?  Dash could have been swapped. Wonder if they just used a donor car for needed parts.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JH27N0B

500 cars at the cruise, and my feet were bothering me so I just went and took a quick glance and a few pics and then hobbled off on my way.  I did look at the dash VIN to see if it was JH or JS, and what engine code.  I looked in the interior and now don't even recall if it was a stick or auto.  So many cars, so little time!

1 Wild R/T

:pokeeye: :pokeeye: :pokeeye: How can we be serious buyers if you don't do our research for us... :pokeeye: :pokeeye:

Seriously, when the feet hurt running around a car show isn't much fun... 

JH27N0B

With a nerve damaged/partially paralyzed/arthritic right foot from my little "hard landing" back in '91, plus left foot bothering me more lately (suspecting hammer toe), it's a miracle I get around as much as I do! 
I called and made an appointment with my podiatrist today and hopefully will have the hammer toe issue worked out in time for the 4 days I'll be on my feet on the floor of MCACN in November.
In the mean time I'm playing through best I can.
You know the season is winding down around here when you start seeing a lot of For Sale signs on cars at the local cruises and shows.

YellowThumper

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 04, 2019, 07:46:22 PM
With a nerve damaged/partially paralyzed/arthritic right foot from my little "hard landing" back in '91, plus left foot bothering me more lately (suspecting hammer toe), it's a miracle I get around as much as I do! 
I called and made an appointment with my podiatrist today and hopefully will have the hammer toe issue worked out in time for the 4 days I'll be on my feet on the floor of MCACN in November.
In the mean time I'm playing through best I can.
You know the season is winding down around here when you start seeing a lot of For Sale signs on cars at the local cruises and shows.
Unfortunately I am quickly getting there myself. Many years of machinist work and car wrenching.
Best things about this passion. The true diehards will still come out even if they have to tow an oxygen tank with them.

Thanks though.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

7E-Bodies

Always a little sad to see a butchered RT. Another classic gone.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

djw383

Thanks for sharing! Maybe a good match for someone

318Stroker

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on September 05, 2019, 04:28:44 AM

I agree, but that 71 R/T is probably long gone. Looks to be a rebodied 72-4 with the 71 VIN and some select 71 parts.

erik70rt

Quote from: 318Stroker on September 05, 2019, 06:59:12 AM
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on September 05, 2019, 04:28:44 AM

I agree, but that 71 R/T is probably long gone. Looks to be a rebodied 72-4 with the 71 VIN and some select 71 parts.

Ditto.  The body is a '72 with other parts added.  Inner fenders, side lenses (all 4) seats, slotted bumper..........
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.