Main Menu

71 JH27L1B Beauty

Started by 7E-Bodies, April 27, 2021, 10:02:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

198D13

No SE's in convertibles for 70 or 71, ever. But other than that, an amazing original survivor car.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I remember seeing that car listed on eBay in Ohio some time back.
I wonder where the owner came up with the SE idea?  Not only no SE convertibles, but no SEs in 71 period.
My '70 convertible is about as close to an SE that could be ordered, as most of the exterior trim features standard on SEs could be ordered as separate options on other trim levels.  My convertible has those trim options.

RUNCHARGER

Nice cruiser that should be left in it's current state IMO. The car has made it this far in life in pretty good shape.
Sheldon

7E-Bodies

I agree with you completely, Sheldon. Let the testosterone deficient go butcher a Camaro. I love a well preserved /6, 318, and even the 383 2bbl cars. So hard to find because so many got "upgraded". My first Challenger was a gold JH23C auto on the column. I loved it and didn't change a thing. I so wish I still had it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cudaize

My family had the pleasure of knowing the gentleman that bought this car new.  It was Bob Dierksheide from Findlay Ohio.  We met him at some of the National Chrysler Product Club meets and various AACA meets he had a 48 Chrysler town and country convertible and some other 48 Chryslers.  If I remember correctly he bought this car for his wife to drive but she didn't care for it all that much which one of the reasons the mileage is so low. 

It has been for sale and sold a number of times over the past 10 or so years after sold from Mr Diersheide's estate.  I think it even went through Barret Jackson or Mecum at one point.

It looks like the only main thing done to it was a 4 barrel intake put on and it was painted turquoise along with the rocker arm covers.  Below are a couple pictures of the engine before this was done. 

cudaize

I have saved over 100 pictures of this car from the various times it was offered for sale since there are some many great production line details.

Here's how crude some of the body welds were.

MoparCarGuy

This car sold at the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction in 2012 for $45,100.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-DODGE-CHALLENGER-CONVERTIBLE-125105

Low miles, fully-documented and "plain brown wrapper". Nice one to have for a cruise to local shows.
Survivor!

70 Top Banana

Nice car and I would leave it alone and drive it. My wife would like it as well. Maybe it is just the way the photo was taken but it looks like a paint fade line from the fender into the engine bay? Two different colors- the exterior of the car and a different darker tan in the engine bay. If so, it has been painted.

headejm

1972V21Cuda

Cool car. However, the exterior and interior colors will hold the price down.

cudaize

Quote from: headejm on May 01, 2021, 08:03:46 AM
@cudaize You need to buy that car!  :1place:

There were times when it was for sale that I considered buying it.  Unfortunately I really don't have enough time to use the cars that I have as much as I would like.