Main Menu

71 Project Cuda for NOT cheap

Started by nsmall, October 21, 2018, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/1971-plymouth-cuda/6729089776.html

This city is about 1 hour north of me.  Just putting it out there as I know most people are in love with 71's.  Seems high, but it is a big block 4 speed 71, but 20k....really???

anlauto

That's a pretty good average asking price for that car...it will sell. It would be more if he has the broadcast sheet, fender tag and if it had any interesting options...billboards, spoilers, etc... would drive it up to $25K+
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Body condition probably makes that a decent deal I think, along with the 4 speed.
Sheldon

Crocha617

Agreed. That's a pretty fair asking price. I was expecting at least $30k before I opened the post.

Fastmark

Missing dash "pad" implies to me it might be missing something very important here. Not to mention tags and sheet.

anlauto

Fair assumption .... Reproduction dash VIN tags are available. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rich G.

I'd like to know what parts he does have. It's getting a lot harder to find parts that aren't reproduced and from what little I can see there is a lot missing. It's a great car but you're going to have a ton of money in it when you're finished. Begs the question is it cheaper to buy one done? I personally enjoy building my own cars but it kills me to know you almost always have to pay top dollar for something that needs a total restoration. Remember when something in this condition would be about 1,000.00 dollars? Ahh the good old days, if we only knew.

RUNCHARGER

I regularly price out $20k (well $15kUS) in AMD metal for E-bodies.
Sheldon

E74cuda

It's on ebay also.

HP_Cuda

As long as that datatag matches the cowl or other area you may have something.

But as already stated, tons missing and Sherwood Green makes it more a challenge.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

The fender tag shows a pretty plain 71 Cuda, so I would say $20K is fair, it's the top end of the market, but it will sell...

1971Y13

Ebay ad says "comes with the original matching numbers 383" and picture showing this?
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

73_Cuda_4_Me

Not quite a 'matching number' 383 for that fender tag... Close, but no cigar!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

realn96

Quote from: HP_Cuda on October 22, 2018, 10:46:39 AM

As long as that datatag matches the cowl or other area you may have something.

But as already stated, tons missing and Sherwood Green makes it more a challenge.

I happen to love the Sheerwood Green !  :pokeeye:

anlauto

Quote from: 1971Y13 on October 22, 2018, 12:30:27 PM
Ebay ad says "comes with the original matching numbers 383" and picture showing this?

3 out of 8 gets you at least a free ticket  :)