Main Menu

73 Challenger 340 Auto in NJ

Started by erik70rt, September 11, 2017, 11:13:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

This car popped up for sale by my office.  I gave it a once over and it looked pretty solid, but I didn't get under it.  Owner is asking 28.5K  A little high IMO.  Here are some pics.  Send me a note if you are interested and I will give out the contact info.  I don't know the owner, so I don't want to post his info on the net.

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

erik70rt

When I look at the tag, it looks like it should be a painted top, not vinyl.  Was that available in '73? 

6bblgt

:iagree: per the tag it was a black non-vinyl top 340 automatic Challenger (340 engine included the hood & exhaust tips)

it was not a "RALLYE" car either, no fender "vent" or strobe stripes & it appears the gauge cluster was also added.

& it had dual  racing mirrors, but they were chrome

no flip-top gas caps after mid-'71 model year & the "BIG" bumper guards are missing & the bumpers pulled in (probably with earlier 1970-'72 brackets)

erik70rt

Owner claims it to be an "original car".  I'm not going to be that guy to call him out on everything that was changed - he might not even know.

6bblgt

I've been "eyeballin'"  :crazytalk:  this one for a couple months  :stop: