Main Menu

74 Challenger dealer NJ

Started by mopartaz, March 01, 2020, 09:32:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Lee

I went and took a look at this car.  After i saw all the rust around the rear window etc I wasn't interested.  Didnt really even look under the car at the frame rails.  But he brought out the keys and offered me a test drive so I said what the heck.  318 started right up with a kick from the jump pack.  Has a few rattles etc.  Went down the road ok but needs some work. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

6pack

Hey, an inexpensive intro to the E body dream.  No waiting just drive it.  Also, an AC car. probably get it for 14 or 14.5K.

Mr Lee

Yeah I think one could probably get it for cheaper than that.  I think he said that if I didn't buy it he had a guy in Florida who would give him $13k for it and turn it into a Street Rod.  But apparently that was either not true or it just fell through.  I looked at it Dec 31.  Kind of surprised he still has it.  But it probably needs full quarters, trunk floor.  Vinyl top removed to fix whatever is under there.   Who knows how much bondo is under that shiny paint.  I have a hunch that it may be a lot.  Cowl looked decent.  One of the gauges didn't work - don't remember which.  Were it a big block car or had less rust I think it would have sold by now. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

RusTy/SE

It's unusual to see any 1974 Challenger which does not have fender mounted turn signal indicators.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach