Main Menu

74 Cuda

Started by Chryco Psycho, July 01, 2018, 07:17:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

He, he: Make the salesman put the plates on for you, that's all I'm saying.
Sheldon

Deadeye74

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 01, 2018, 09:13:57 AM
He, he: Make the salesman put the plates on for you, that's all I'm saying.

:haha: You're supposed to be focused on the wheels man!!  :bigthumb:

I have been watching this car here... https://justtoysclassiccars.com/vehicles/470/1974-plymouth-barracuda-cuda#next-image

....mainly for the fact it may have been sitting on the assembly line with mine. The VIN's are 57 digits and 5 days apart from each other...that one with 291453 C05 and mine with 291510 C10.

steelcuda

I bought that care from Just Toys in July.  The pictures were completely deceiving.  I made the mistake of not going to look at it in person before having it shipped to VA.  The good news is that I can afford to make all of the mechanical fixes that this car needs.  Since buying it I've had to rebuild the transmission, do a full front suspension kit replacement, change out the brake lines, put in new headers, put in a all new shift linkage, convert the kickdown to a cable system (was broken), replace the carburetor, put in about 100 missing bolts including both engine mount bolts.  We also fix all the hangers for the exhaust.  Some silver linings are that the the tranny is a 727 instead of the original 904.  The intake manifold is an Edelbrock LD340 which is kind of cool and rare.  The interior is not bad, the body is straight, the frame is straight, and the paint is okay. 

I would never buy a car from them again ever.  I would never recommend buying from them.
1970 318 Barracuda
1974 360 'Cuda (B5 Blue, sold)
2009 Challenger R/T (sold)
2015 Challenger ScatPack (sold)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost (sold)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @steelcuda   :welcome:   Sorry to hear that the deal didn't go as you would have liked, but it sounds like you are keeping your head up and getting everything in shape.  Glad you joined us and let us know if you need anything.   :grouphug:

steelcuda

Thank you!  Yeah, a this point nothing I can do but make her my own.  I owned a 1974 360 Cuda when I was 15 and sold it when I turned 21 (44 now), so this was like a lot of people a very specific car I wanted.  It needed to be a 360 auto on the column.  When I'm done, it will be awesome.  Not trying to get to fully original.  I would like it to be closer than it is, but it doesn't have to be perfect.
1970 318 Barracuda
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama
Glad you found us & joined
Too Bad about the disappointing reality of the car but you will get it worked out , Part of the fun in the long run !

6bblgt

Quote from: Deadeye74 on July 01, 2018, 10:03:52 AM
....mainly for the fact it may have been sitting on the assembly line with mine. The VIN's are 57 digits and 5 days apart from each other...that one with 291453 C05 and mine with 291510 C10.

@Deadeye74 can you add a pic of your fender tag and/or door sticker - those cars should've been scheduled the same day

:thinking: wonder what was going on at Hamtramck during the weeks around the holidays  :huh:

@steelcuda    :welcome: & is there a broadcast sheet with the car?

CudaMoparRay

dodgemania

steelcuda  :welcome: to the site.  :cheers:

Deadeye74

@6bblgt ...Sold mine on July 4th..but here are the tags...could be as the partying got harder they saw they had to push the dates forward to keep up.  :drunk:

@steelcuda Welcome and good luck with the build!  :bradsthumb:

6bblgt

something ODD happened

Scheduled C10 (Monday 12/10/73) & not completed 'til 122 (Tuesday 1/22/74)

delayed 43 days  (holidays included) :dunno:

nsmall

Welcome SteelCuda and I hope you can still enjoy the car regardless of how the deal went down.  I think many if not most of us are of us are upside or near upside down on our rides.  Its about the love of the hobby to me, not what the car is actually worth as its not for sale.

@steelcuda  ask questions if you have any and we can try to help you.

steelcuda

Thank you all for the welcomes!  Ended up doing a full rebuild kit on the front end (ball joints, rocker arms, etc).  It's out to get an alignment and then I should have it back sometime tomorrow.  Excited to see how it drives with new Edelbrock AV2 and front end.  I'm running out of daylight!
1970 318 Barracuda
2016 Challenger Hellcat