Main Menu

AAR Cuda for sale numbers matching, needs resto

Started by anitasbee, August 21, 2018, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MikeMikeMike

I'd love to see someone do a resto thread on this  :popcorn:

I'd love to see it in my barn even more, but I think I would then also need the space because I would be kicked out of the house and living in it.

Are all those options (louvres, chin, bumper...) factory original I wonder? Very cool.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

blown motor

If only it was red.  :Thud:  Or maybe it's a good thing it's not.  :thinking:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

61K T/A

MikeMikeMike

Not yet. Buy it and save me from myself. I've been thinking about it ever since seeing the ad. I think the owner will be taking more pics once their computer is fixed.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340

61K T/A

I did  speak with the seller shortly after he placed the ad. I told him I would make him an offer. Told me he had several people coming on the weekend interested in it. Price was firm at that time. He said he would contact me if it didn't sell. (I guess I was on the waiting list) It's close by so I wanted to see in person what 40K would get me. Since I never heard from him I assumed it sold.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Where'd $40K come from ?  This thread is actually an ad posted by the seller ?  The ad says $30K OBO ? :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on September 08, 2018, 08:16:19 AM
Where'd $40K come from ?  This thread is actually an ad posted by the seller ?  The ad says $30K OBO ? :clueless:

At Carlisle he/she was stuck on 40K....

anlauto

So what's the value of a decent AAR Cuda project these days ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MikeMikeMike

Not sure but one sold on ebay on July 21 for $21k. Even that is too far a stretch for me but that has nothing to do with broader market value. They did email me back a week ago asking if I was still interested. Said they had photos on their phone of the tag. I said I didn't want to waste their time as I wasn't a serious buyer but I'd be happy to post those pictures for them if they wanted. I didn't get an answer so it kinda seems to me they are in no hurry.

'71 Cuda Convertible 340

js27

I think $30,000 is a bit high for a car that will need another $30,000 to restore when there are done AAR and TA's on Ebay for $60,000 to $70,000.
Just my opinion
JS27

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: js27 on October 11, 2018, 08:42:58 AM
I think $30,000 is a bit high for a car that will need another $30,000 to restore when there are done AAR and TA's on Ebay for $60,000 to $70,000.
Just my opinion
JS27

30K to restore?  Better take another look & grab your notepad....  30K if you do all the work would be tight... If you just farm out a little $40-$50K pretty easily....And if you farm the whole job out it would be knocking on $80K-$100K....

The Good...
Color  (If I see another Red AAR I'm gonna puke)
Numbers matching (Need to verify)
Louvers
Rubber Bumpers
Rally Dash

The Bad
Auto
RUSTY
The price...

anlauto

Quote from: js27 on October 11, 2018, 08:42:58 AM
Just my opinion
JS27

Yea...I think anybody that purchases this car, or the RED AAR I currently have for sale, will easily be in excess of $100K total. This yellow car will be closer to $120K due to the large amount of rust.

Unfortunately in today's market it cost a considerable amount more money to restore a car then what it's worth, especially auto cars and even worse with a bench seat. and non-numbers :headbang:

HOWEVER....there is a tremendious amount to said about the piece of mind restoring a car vs buying a done car. I'm sure just about everybody can share a horror story about buying a car that wasn't exactly what they expected....I've seen a lot of shoddy cars out there. With restoring a car, you know exactly what you're getting.

This Yellow car has great potential and I can see it selling in the upper $20's if not $30K

anitasbee

Cuda Cody