Main Menu

B5 blue T/A 50k

Started by kathyscuda, March 19, 2018, 04:27:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

They're asking $59,900. Which is a little high based on the automatic transmission and the incorrect details. :alan2cents:

Two details that jump out at me are the wrong mirrors and rear valance. :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

AAR#2

Quote from: anlauto on March 19, 2018, 05:10:40 AM
They're asking $59,900. Which is a little high based on the automatic transmission and the incorrect details. :alan2cents:

Two details that jump out at me are the wrong mirrors and rear valance. :huh:

I'm always a bit surprised at reactions to T/A's (and AAR's) for sale. I've seen people post rags up here for 35-40k and people make mention the price isn't bad, and how these cars are getting harder to find. Then when one posts in what appears to be relatively good shape for 59 I see comments that its high, and incorrect details. Heck, its a complete car unlike some of the projects for 35-40k.

Of course without seeing it in person one can hardly make a good determination on what may be hidden by strategic photos or underlying issues, but based on the pics, this car is a MUCH better starting point to refresh at 45-50K (guessing he'd take that) than many other's I've seen posted on this board for 35-40k. Parts for these cars aren't cheap, or easy to come by these days.

And for the record, I'd never spend 35-40 for a total project, any car that needs to be completely gone through is a 15-25k car, many factors considered.  :alan2cents:

fc7cuda

I like this line from the ad: I am busy and cannot be on the phone all day.    :))

kathyscuda

oh ya that's a 72 valance.
got the funky plate bracket.
gently drill out the spot welds.
put your license plates on.
problem solved.

RUNCHARGER

I like the Blue and Rallye gauges.
I know when I see cars on the internet I always expect unseen issues. When I notice glaring issues in the photos then I add those to the perceived unseen issues. So that generally makes me even more cautious on expected values. Really there is no way to judge value other than a personal inspection of course.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

It could be a good deal for someone if they are happy with the quality and plan to drive it a lot.  The hard part on cars like that is if you want to make it a top high end restoration there's a lot of little things to fix and often times you can do better by starting with a car that is less money.  Either way, I LOVE that color on a T/A.   :inlove:

anlauto

Well, he's asking pretty darn close to $60,000.00  and I stated that was "a little high"......so YES of course it makes more sense if you think you can get it for $45K-$50K.

The car most likely has NOT been restored underneath and most likely still looks grungy and dirty under there. Also with the obvious incorrect items that we can see in the pictures, what's hiding ?

The main factor behind my opinion of the $59,900 being a little high is the automatic transmission. If it was a factory 4 speed, my opinion would change.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Morty426

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 19, 2018, 08:24:16 AM
It could be a good deal for someone if they are happy with the quality and plan to drive it a lot.  The hard part on cars like that is if you want to make it a top high end restoration there's a lot of little things to fix and often times you can do better by starting with a car that is less money.  Either way, I LOVE that color on a T/A.   :inlove:

Yeah have to admit that's a great color

RUNCHARGER

Agreed, B5 looks great on anything.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

B5 is up there on my favorite color list.
For vintage rides, I take whatever I can find.  Beggars can't be chosers!  But when I bought a new Challenger, I bought a B5 '09.
Someday I'll own a B5 70 though.