Main Menu

Carter Fuel Pump P/N's: Years and Applications

Started by Topcat, October 17, 2020, 08:36:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

I have 3 Carter Fuel Pumps.

Any info on their origin/applications from the P/N's and  pictures is appreciated.

Carter 4 pic. jpg appears to be OEM pump.
There is no raised side Hump on top

It doesn't have the long list of numbers like my others I will show in a bit that do have the Hump.
6903 is a Julian Date also. That would be when? And what are the other numbers?

Topcat

The other 2 pumps that have the raised dimple side with P/N's in a different location up above.

kawahonda

Carter doesn't even make their super street pumps anymore...assuming these are basically the same for many OEM HiPO applications...

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Topcat

Summit and Jegs does show them available but no Carter Insignia on the top sides. $97.54.

Mancini's has Ethanol Resistant kits.

@Floorit426 recommended me a place to send to re build it.
www.then-now.com

No more Engine fires after this.

Re-build your Fuel Pumps People!

ScottSmith_Harms

Just an FYI, I offer a restoration service as well. I restore the aluminum bodies the same way I restore Carter carburetor bodies. I use Then & Now Kits but substitue some of thier parts with what I feel are more accurate parts that I source elsewhere  (some parts in thier kits are generic and don't fit like originals). Here is a 1970 Hemi example I did for Graveyard Carz. I charge $250.00 for the service, yes, you can do it for a lot less yourself if you choose, but for those that choose not to, I'm here :).