Main Menu

dealer built 72 AAR

Started by kathyscuda, May 23, 2018, 06:40:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

1 Wild R/T

I want to see a real vintage dealer invoice... :rofl:

Burdar

Pictures are kind of crappy but other than the engine compartment needing work, the car looks pretty good.

one bad fish

Yeah whatever (dealer built) but I kinda like it!

ledphoot

I'd own it

I like the '72 a lot.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ledphoot on May 23, 2018, 11:07:28 AM
I'd own it

I like the '72 a lot.

I like it too, great car... Just don't try to BS us about it coming from the dealer like that....

1Burgfish

:)) Let's see the fender tags and build sheet :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Neat car if the price is right. I don't even read the ads anymore.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Could have been built by the dealer in 72 , order a X9 Cuda with the options you wanted & have the dealer install the intake carbs AC hood , stripes etc
Grand Spaulding did this all the time & made a lot of business providing what customers wanted , they had a Huge busness selling modified Street Vans when the muscle cars died out in 73 .
The build sheet & Tag would be as delivered to the dealer , only the dealer [not factory] sales invoice could prove different if they performed the modifications , in 72 all of the parts should have still been available either through the parts or Hustle Stuff , the only difficult part might have been the Air Cleaner assy

anlauto

....and the dealer had a custom silver stripe made to mimic the original AAR stripe....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

looks descent but doubtful. whom ever did the seats no so good.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: anlauto on May 25, 2018, 03:59:42 AM
....and the dealer had a custom silver stripe made to mimic the original AAR stripe....

What silver stripes ???
Never seen reflective black before  :thinking:

I agree the seat suck but it hey it has been 45 years !!

cuda hunter

I believe the claim is that the paint is original survivor with no dents or damage.

Was the original factory paint ever that nice? 

Much less 45 years later.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've seen reflective black, those could be that as well, I don't think they are, but whatever...The factory never made them in reflective black either, so this dealer would have to find a custom vinyl graphic place in 1972 (not that common) and have copies of the AAR stripe made.....seems like a lot of work. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration