Main Menu

FC7 Challenger TA

Started by 1badfish, November 07, 2017, 06:36:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1badfish

What's your guys thoughts on this car? Older restoration, owner says it will likely need paint and top to be perfect. It's either a well priced driver or expensive project car.  :notsure: Anyone close?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/1970-challenger-a/6376713174.html

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

looks like an older resto, but I'd want to see what's under the trunk mat and a look into the inner quarters and floor pans. if an older resto it seems to have held up well, I don't see any paint bubbling or crusties in the engine bay (looks very clean and smooth). would absolutely have to have hands on, as you said it could be an awesome driver or a very expensive project. certainly worth looking at IMO. I LOVE TAs
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

1badfish

Quote from: ec_co on November 07, 2017, 07:34:45 AM
looks like an older resto, but I'd want to see what's under the trunk mat and a look into the inner quarters and floor pans. if an older resto it seems to have held up well, I don't see any paint bubbling or crusties in the engine bay (looks very clean and smooth). would absolutely have to have hands on, as you said it could be an awesome driver or a very expensive project. certainly worth looking at IMO. I LOVE TAs

I agree, I been messaging back and forth with the owner a bit this morning. He claims he can't find any evidence of panel replacement, however, I would definitely want someone to inspect this one in person. He can't confirm but believes there is real T/A heads on the car as well, original orange valve covers are also with the car.

Any members close to Atlanta?

ec_co

looks like a few members in that area https://forum.e-bodies.org/googlemap/  maybe try to personal message them so they get an email alert right away (if they don't log in often).
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

It's priced that way for a reason I'm sure....Don't expect gold on a coal budget. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Good looking car!

You might also check with the Atlanta Mopar club(if exists)and see if someone knows history on the car or could look at it for you.

Good luck.

303 Mopar

This may be one of those "tween cars" - as in beTWEEN a project and fully restored.  If you buy this for mid to high $30's, make sure it is safe and then drive and enjoy it you will be alright.  If you buy this for mid to high $30's, drive it, and then decide to do a full restoration on it you will lose big time.

1badfish

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 07, 2017, 11:01:01 AM
This may be one of those "tween cars" - as in beTWEEN a project and fully restored.  If you buy this for mid to high $30's, make sure it is safe and then drive and enjoy it you will be alright.  If you buy this for mid to high $30's, drive it, and then decide to do a full restoration on it you will lose big time.

That's exactly right and is why it has been a bit of a challenge to find something that suites what I'm looking for. I'm not expecting a $100k car for $36k, and $36k isn't my budget by any means. This was just a car that was sent to me to look at. Ideally I find something that is an older restoration that I can drive and take care of and not worry about having to do a full restoration some day. If this is more on the project side it is likely not worth the money knowing a restoration is inevitable.  :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

Good looking car , too bad it is an Auto
Laura is near Atlanta & there are some other members close by too

RUNCHARGER

Tween car for sure. You would have to be happy driving it the way it is for 5 years or so. It would hinge on the body and paint condition and that could only be determined by a personal inspection.
Sheldon

Rev-It-Up

I'm near Atlanta and would be happy to take a look at it for you.  Just let me know.  :yes:
Rev-It-Up

1badfish

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on November 08, 2017, 06:36:04 AM
I'm near Atlanta and would be happy to take a look at it for you.  Just let me know.  :yes:

Thanks Rev. I actually had a member here look at the car yesterday. He knew the owner. I think it's a car I would have to personally look at in person before moving forward with.

Cuda_mark

nsmall

The ad says it's a real T/A.  The owner seems honest.  I love the input you guys offer and wish I would have known about you before I bought my car as I would have most likely passed on my car.   

What I discovered is that I want a beautiful driver, not an okay one, which then led to a 40k restoration.  But I am having fun. 

Sounds like you have more money then what this one is selling for so maybe you can wait for one that's fully done and just be done with it.