Main Menu

FJ5 "survivor"

Started by kathyscuda, September 18, 2018, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

went thru a Midwest? auction about  month ago - there was a thread on it

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

:twothumbsup: Yes, that's pretty sweet. But then I have no problems with 318s or column autos. :) :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Oh man: I like that. The price seems to be in line for condition as well unless it's really fluffed up which it doesn't look like.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

That's a super neat car!!!

JS29

Look closely at the right quarter panel! I see blistering.  :help: Build sheet looks to clean. Black grill, black instrument panel?

GY3R/T

Build sheet looks like it was taped to the floor. An LA plant trait...

Burdar

I like odd color combos but this one is a little over the top for me.  Not sure what to think.  That's a lot of green on that flat hood.  Red accents in the interior don't go well with the green IMO.

The grill looks dark argent to me.  Shouldn't a Gran Coupe have a standard "woodgain" gauge cluster?

6bblgt

I think the dark grill is from paint loss & shadows

:alan2cents: the aftermarket body side moulding is an issue on a "survivor" - probably installed with rivets :headbang:

6bblgt

ran thru an auction in Kansas 8/6/18 & sold for $20K + 10% fees * Gran Coupe pics at the bottom

https://www.ronstrickersauction.com/copy-of-adams-cochran-auction-july-

should have these "W11" Deluxe Wheel Covers on it 

anlauto

$10,000 on a flip...not bad :bigmoney: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaMoparRay

Looks better than some I have seen for more.

superdave

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 19, 2018, 12:44:47 PM
ran thru an auction in Kansas 8/6/18 & sold for $20K + 10% fees * Gran Coupe pics at the bottom

https://www.ronstrickersauction.com/copy-of-adams-cochran-auction-july-

should have these "W11" Deluxe Wheel Covers on it
:o  :verymad: I'm in Kansas.... that's what I get for not looking around. :('

RUNCHARGER

That would have been a good deal at $20k for sure. We all probably would have lined up for it at that price.
Sheldon