Main Menu

FK5 70 440+6 4 speed Cuda convertible ebay - real?

Started by njsteve, August 11, 2020, 05:12:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

Here's the ad in which they represent it as a tribute or clone but with real V code. Seller doesn't have any background prior to the early 1990's but I have a couple photos of it (see below) at the 1984 Northeast Hemi Owners meet in Chicopee Mass. NJ tags. Anyone else remember this car from back in the old days?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Cuda-Pistol-Grip-4-speed/224112780444?hash=item342e29a49c:g:k2kAAOSwkfRfMTC0

anlauto

So was it "re-bodied" back in the day and now it's catching up to it ? Seems like the seller is pretty honest  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

I remember this one from one of the old Mopar Performance/Direct Connection catalogs.

Love the colour combo.  If it's indeed coded for deluxe seat belts (given the seat belt light on the dash), then those need to be added back.

RUNCHARGER

Nice: My first thought is also that maybe it is a rebody. It sounds like a call to the seller would get a factual history.
Sheldon

njsteve

It would be nice if he posted the fender tag in his listing.

71vert340

This is the best picture he posted of the fender tag. I zoomed in on it and can read a few codes. Maybe someone can make it clearer.
Terry

6bblgt

it was listed on eBay back in January 2020  -  I'm sure there was a thread here on E-bodies
I believe it is/was a 383 'cuda that has a FAKE VIN tag (N replaced by V), FAKE fender tag & restamped engine - the other stampings are legit

it is a leather interiored convertible - it has the SEAT BELT light on the dash (instead of overhead console) with STANDARD seat belts

kdcarman

:bradsthumb: has been
Quote from: 6bblgt on August 11, 2020, 10:05:37 AM
it was listed on eBay back in January 2020  -  I'm sure there was a thread here on E-bodies
I believe it is/was a 383 'cuda that has a FAKE VIN tag (N replaced by V), FAKE fender tag & restamped engine - the other stampings are legit

it is a leather interiored convertible - it has the SEAT BELT light on the dash (instead of overhead console) with STANDARD seat belts

But the title is a VCODE title?

Katfish

Quote from: kdcarman on August 11, 2020, 10:15:31 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on August 11, 2020, 10:05:37 AM

Wondering that too, how do you "replace a N with a V"? 

6bblgt

a broadcast sheet exists - a POOR pic was added to the January auction - the important areas are obliterated/obscured but items like a group 24 battery, lack of an axle package, and 8-3/4" axle codes are visible  :takealook:

Shoooter

Seller sounds like he isn't trying to hide anything. Hopefully he bought the car knowing what it really is

6bblgt

Quote from: kdcarman on August 11, 2020, 10:15:31 AM

Quote from: Katfish on August 11, 2020, 10:23:12 AM
Wondering that too, how do you "replace a N with a V"?

FRAUD is the name of the game - there are cars created out of thin air  - VINs altered & VINs invented

- every part of a car is available if one is willing to lie, cheat & steal

6bblgt

this was NOT a HEMI 'cuda when Chrysler built it

71vert340

I'm wondering if the car was a matching numbers with original VIN and fender tags, why change it to something it's not. Seems to me it would be worth more as an original 383 car. I had a 70 Challenger R/T convertible 383 car that had a cracked block. I made sure the person who bought the car from me got the original block and tranny with the car. He had a totalled wrecked Challenger R/T convertible he was going to use the drive train from. I lost track of him over the years. He had the original drive train. He could easily swap all the info from the wrecked convertible, but I hope he didn't. I would hope he would inform the new owner if he sold it. I just can't stand fraud.
Terry

6bblgt

this was a 318 or 383 non-'cuda when Chrysler built it