Main Menu

FOR SALE: 1971 Plymouth Barracuda

Started by 69CudaFan, September 17, 2017, 01:50:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

69CudaFan

Original four-owner car that has been in dry SoCal its whole life! No rust issues to contend with!  Least expensive, most solid 1971 Barracuda I have seen, and no hidden issues to deal with!  Get into an E-body for very little money compared to other cars. Drive it, clone it, or anything in between!

1971 Plymouth Barracuda, Light Blue Exterior, Blue interior. Original numbers matching 318 engine and A/T , Column Shift, A/C, P/S, and PDB. Has fender tag, I have not looked for build sheet. Has correct radiator and jack assy. w/hook. 14" Road Wheels (5) with BFGs. According to previous owner, engine was rebuilt about 20K miles ago. New gas tank. New hood pins and brackets. New battery. Dual exhaust was added with A body style tips by second owner many years ago, and it is in nearly new shape.  Rear end is a 2.76 open differential, and rear leaf springs are original.

Car has been upgraded with a 'Cuda Sport Hood w/Hood Pins, 70 bucket seats (upholstered with old school velour back in the 1990s to match but with Black backs), Dual Chrome sport mirrors w/driver-side remote, and front power disc brakes.  120 Speedo and gauge cluster.  All glass in the car is original (with logos/date codes/etc).  Car is a factory undercoated car.

Car body is in excellent condition with only a few minor chips in the paint. Dash has typical cracks, but is original and covered with a black mat. Very nice driver condition. Car has been stored in enclosed storage since 2005 until I resurrected it.  I have driven this car nearly 1000 trouble free miles since I have addressed mechanical issues.  Carb has been rebuilt.  Water pump was replaced.  Interior panels are in remarkable condition for their age.  I have new kick panels and A-pillar trim I can include.  Door sills are brand new, and originals are included.  Plugs, wires, and fresh fluids all around.

I would not hesitate to drive this car ANYWHERE!

As you can see by the scheduled production date (6/30) and the VIN, this is one of the last 71's to roll off the assembly line.

I would end the auction early for $38K or something very close to it.  Bank to bank transfer is the preferred method of payment, but cash or cashier's check can work (will ship once funds clear).

This is far an away the least expensive 1971 Barracuda that is ready to rack up miles the day it is delivered!

Car is located in Poway, CA.  I will assist with shipping, but all associated costs are the responsibility of the buyer.

Fender tag codes:

R11 26 EN2
GB2 U G15 H51 M21 N95
GB2 H6B5 000 630 056012
E44 D31 BH23 G1B 448563

BH23 G1B 448563 - VIN
E44 - 318 2-Bbl. Engine
D31 - 3-Speed Automatic
GB2 - Glacial Blue Iridescent (Light Blue Metallic)
H6B5 - Blue Bench Seat Interior
000 - Upper Door Panel Color (N/A)
630 - June 30, 1971 Build date
056012 - Vehicle Order Number (VON)
U - Build to USA Spec
G15 - Tinted Windshield
H51 - Air Conditioning
M21 - Drip Rail Moldings
N95 - CA Emission Controls
26 - 26" Radiator
EN2 - End Of Codes

Link to pictures on the eBay ad.  PM or call with questions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Plymouth-Barracuda-/182771975026?hash=item2a8e0f0372:g:q1cAAOSw~oFZvY~Q&vxp=mtr

Thanks!

Shane
(619)997-6396

scf100

Beautiful car.......I am new to Cudas so wondering if the fender gills where an option in 71?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

anlauto

Quote from: scf100 on September 18, 2017, 06:21:57 PM
Beautiful car.......I am new to Cudas so wondering if the fender gills where an option in 71?

Standard part of the Cuda package. Not an option on the Barracuda.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

69CudaFan

69CudaFan

Spikedog08

Looks like the auction ended . . Did you sell?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

69CudaFan

Still for sale.  Trying to work outside of fee-Bay.

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

69CudaFan

Car will be at the Fall Fling in the swap area if you are in the area and interested.

70 Challenger Lover

That is a nice original looking car! I wish the timing of my other projects was a little different. I can only hope to find one that nice when I'm ready. I'll have to check it out in person at the show.