Main Menu

For Trade - My '69 Fastback Barracuda for your E-Body

Started by dillonwcrow, June 21, 2017, 08:02:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dillonwcrow

Hello there,

I'm looking to sell or trade my 1969 Fastback Barracuda for a running/driving E-Body. I've always been a sucker for Challengers and Cudas, so I feel it's time to make a move.

$14-20k range. Located in Asheville, NC.

Barracuda Details:
318/904 Numbers Matching
53,XXX Original Miles
"Slickback" Vinyl Roof Option
No rust, no bondo. Solid, through and through.
Factory build sheet and original dealership sale paperwork included with car.

I look forward to seeing what y'all have out there.

dillonwcrow

I'm also brand new on the forum, so thanks for having me!

Cuda Cody

Welcome @dillonwcrow    :welcome:  Great looking 1969 Fastback Barracuda you have there.   :banana:  Looks really clean.  Do you have more photos?  How's she run?

303 Mopar

That is a sweet car!  It needs a stroked 440 or Hemi and a 4 speed! 

dillonwcrow

She runs great. Fire's up and takes me around town almost every day! A very well documented car as well. The dealership tag from Haynes and McGill (Bridgeport, CT) is still on the tail panel. I have all the paperwork from when it was sold brand new to Stephen J. Rinko. Fella must have babied it, because it's in immaculate condition and has very low mileage. From what I've been able to track, I believe I'm the 4th or possibly 5th owner. The engine could use a repaint, but it's nearly all original under there.

The interior is all original, although I am currently ordering new OEM quality front seat covers. 47 years is a long time for a stitch to hold up. Just a few seam splits in the front, the rest is nearly showroom quality. It has been repainted within the last 5-10 years, I'd say. Someone did a great job on the original F5 green. I recently put the upper body stripes on it, which greatly improved the look. Now, it also has dual 40 Series Flowmasters. Got rid of those flappy glasspacks you'll see in the photos below.

dillonwcrow

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 21, 2017, 08:21:36 AM

Oh believe me, I know haha I just can't bring myself to part with the original drivetrain! It's certainly tempting.

Cuda Cody

If I was going to get in to the A-Body game, that would be the car I would do it with.  Very clean and affordable car that looks to be in great shape!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: dillonwcrow on June 21, 2017, 08:27:21 AM

Oh believe me, I know haha I just can't bring myself to part with the original drivetrain! It's certainly tempting.

I wouldn't do a big block... 408 stroker & a 5 speed... Or 3rd gen Hemi & a 5 spd....  Sweet car!!! I've always loved the fastback Cuda's...

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 21, 2017, 08:36:27 AM
Quote from: dillonwcrow on June 21, 2017, 08:27:21 AM

I wouldn't do a big block... 408 stroker & a 5 speed... Or 3rd gen Hemi & a 5 spd....  Sweet car!!! I've always loved the fastback Cuda's...

I'm thinking more like Ken's fish. Go big or go home!   But here in lies my problem, I buy this car and dump a $20k Hemi, a $3k Dana, $6k for an 833 swap and you'll need $2k in disc brakes.  Now I have a $40k+ into it.   :takemymoney:

erik70rt

I have a soft spot for the A body Barracudas, too.  They are definitely NOT easy or cheap to restore.  I have about $50K into mine.  I didn't build it as an investment, but something to drive and enjoy.  It has a 416 and a 4 spd.  I would only trade it for an E body vert! 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

RUNCHARGER

Welcome and nice car. I had  340-S with that style vinyl roof and I think they look pretty cool.
Sheldon

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah!  Sweet car.  I'd love to own that but a small thing called money gets in the way. 

dave73

Very nice, good luck with the sale.

I love the notchbacks. I'd love to find a roller to put my ebody numbers 318 and 3 speed into

Sleepychallenger

Beautiful car. I've never seen one with the vinyl top

cudaragtop

Welcome. Nice Fastback!
First 3 cars I ever owned were 2nd Gen Fastback Barracudas.
Wish I still had all of them.

Keep it and buy an E-Body

Building a 69 Fastback right now. Will be my son's first.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8