Main Menu

Hemi Clone Challenger for sale, real R/T SE

Started by JH27N0B, September 21, 2019, 04:46:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Not mine.
I was at a cruise the other day and saw my friend Scott has a for sale sign on one of his hemi Clones (he has 4!).  He bought this nice 383 4 speed R/T SE over 10 years ago, and put a crate hemi in it along with a few other mods.  I don't know if he kept the original 383 and hood.  I would have kept the original engine in it, but I'm a purist....
He bought a second hemi clone Challenger that had been damaged in a fire, a couple years ago, and rebuilt the engine, repainted it etc, and I guess he must have decided that he no longer needs 2 orange hemi clone Challengers!
He's a long time car guy and drives his cars to cruises every week during the fair weather months here in IL.  So his cars are very well dialed in and street-able.  He lives in the Chicago NW burbs.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

6pack

Very nice car great price.  Why call it a clone if it is a real RT/SE?  Lots of folks change engines on 50 year old cars.  They usually don't call them a clone unless they badge a car to a higher level than it is.  Like a AAR stuff on a BP or BH car.  Please explain.

JH27N0B

It's a hemi Challenger that doesn't have an R in the VIN. To me that makes it a clone.  Also an LA built car where they never built any with hemis. It's got a crate hemi, T/A hood, and 4 wheel disc brakes, so maybe it is would be better called a resto-mod?  But everyone's definition of a clone or resto mod may vary.

nsmall

I know nothing about prices but I totally like this guy and his car.

BIGSHCLUNK

I like the car and the price.. JMO.... As for the "clone" thing, NIKKI's been called a clone many times. Which she definitely isn't, and altho your buddy's car is way closer to being a "clone" than she is. That's really NO clone either. They NEVER had 4 wheel disc;s for example. Again JMO, nice car tho !    :bradsthumb:

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Topcat

BIGSHCLUNK

jimynick

Something to be said for a nice bit'o clone, eh?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Topcat

Nice car.

Once you own a Hemi, it's just fun.

FWIW, when you park Elephant E bodies at car shows next to Chevies and Fords; they get pissed off.

Perfect example this Summer:

@floorit426 & I parked side by side next to a Red Goat at a car show.
Guy had his chest puffed up at the beginning of the show.

At the end, his head was hanging low.   :bricks:   :D

RzeroB

Quote from: Topcat on September 23, 2019, 10:32:23 PM
Yup, Bigs and I are cloners.    :drinkingbud:

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on September 24, 2019, 02:40:53 PM
:bigthumb: you got that right brother

What?! Miss Nikki's jugs aren't real ... they've been augmented??  :unbelievable:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Topcat

Quote from: RzeroB on October 04, 2019, 04:50:36 PM
Quote from: Topcat on September 23, 2019, 10:32:23 PM
Yup, Bigs and I are cloners.    :drinkingbud:

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on September 24, 2019, 02:40:53 PM
:bigthumb: you got that right brother

What?! Miss Nikki's jugs aren't real ... they've been augmented??  :unbelievable:

I'm still not sure if they were  injected or Bolted on.    :rofl:

BIGSHCLUNK