Main Menu

In search of a particular 1971 barracuda

Started by SW mopar, September 17, 2019, 08:16:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SW mopar

Need help trying to locate a car that was my grandfathers. It was a 1971 Barracuda. It was ivy green (f7 Paint code) with a 318 auto. In the mid 90's, it got traded auto shop in St.Thomas ontario on the west end of talbot street where it got made into a 'cuda and was painted plum crazy purple and had a 383 dropped in and got full 'cuda treatment. I haven't seen it around st.thomas ontario for aleast 10 yrs and thought posting it on here someone may have seen it or know of it

Cuda Cody

Any chance you have an old insurance card or something with the VIN on it?

SW mopar

We are talking almost 25 yrs ago. If i had something with vin it would be easy. Get a ontario sellers package and it displays current & past owners. Unfortunately they didn't keep any documentation with the vin.

anlauto

Was the car really solid?

Do you remember if when the car was painted purple if the VIN number was also changed ?

A guy I knew 30 years ago from the Burlington area bought a green 71 Barracuda to rebody his purple 71 383 Cuda... :thinking: but he sold it shortly after and I've never seen it again either, likely overseas now.

If I remember correctly a guy named  Tony Circelli (sp?) had the green car for sale ??? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SW mopar

Other then floor boards it was solid. That name doesn't sound familiar. The shop it was traded in to was BK automotive. The last name of owner was kellestine.

Chryco Psycho

JS29

anlauto

Quote from: SW mopar on September 17, 2019, 10:12:36 AM
Other then floor boards it was solid. That name doesn't sound familiar. The shop it was traded in to was BK automotive. The last name of owner was kellestine.

Did you ever see it when it was purple ? I might have a picture of the car I'm thinking of, however I doubt it's the only green car to ever get painted purple... :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

SW mopar

I do remember what it looked like when it was purple. I seen it around town up til 15 years ago

CudaMoparRay

First off in the same "Boat" trying to trace my original 1972 'Cuda
Second,  :welcome: from Riverside, CA

YYZ

The green one that @anlauto mentioned was a Gran Coupe from Texas and became the donor for a pretty mean sounding purple 'Cuda 383.  This all happened in the mid-1990s

If you go to the MTO (DMV) you can order what's known as an 'owner's abstract' which will list everything that's been registered to a particular driver's license number (not plate). You may need to provide additional justification for doing the search, but if your grandfather is still alive then just bring him with you.

Were the interior panels in your grandfather's Barracuda painted brown?

anlauto

Yea, when he mentioned it was still around the St Thomas area I figured it wasn't the same car.

Was I right, was it something Tony C had ? My memory is never the best. :tired:

YYZ

The car we are both thinking of was Tony C's.  It was a subsequent owner that did the conversion. 

I knew of a few FC7 '71s in SWO, but they were factory FC7.  Including one that I should have bought — basic 383 4-speed, white at the time with one fibreglass fender and '70 headlights. 

SW mopar

That is great advise YYZ. my friend works at the MTO and you are correct. Though my grandfather passed away 7 yrs ago, but the car spent a little time in my fathers name before it was sold and we will be going to mto on friday to see if this will lead me to the current owner assuming it didn't get rebodied and just got made into a clone

Plumcrazy72

Let me know how you make out, if its do able i'm going to do the same thing to see about my dads old cuda
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel