Main Menu

Is this overpriced

Started by blown motor, November 03, 2022, 08:23:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Or have they really gotten this expensive?

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

Murray, check your link. Private in my end

MONC

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

IMO, about $26K overpriced...but I'm not a motivated buyer.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Yea, that one lends itself to my "very optimistic" quote that I tend to use a lot, however....there's an ass for every seat...so you never know these days :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

For me, absolutely not. No with it not being a 70 car, different color, not original motor, and a non functioning clock. Especially a non working clock. For god's sake fix the clock. A car for that amount of money should have a working clock.  :D

I get these things are collectables now and all the people with money want them and driving up the prices. Is it worth it, nope. Are they over priced? Yup. Is that the going price? So long as some one is willing to buy it that would be the price. I would feel better buying a car at that price if it was original. Not a rebuild that is not what the car was.

Electric guitars are in a similar boat, and can cost just as much. Early 50's Gibson Les Pauls and fender Strats can fetch 10's of thousands of dollars. But these prices are dictated by the rarity and originality of the item. The prices are lowered if some one changed parts from a different guitar or added a remanufactured part.

I think people seem to want to include labor and parts to the price of the vehicle. Not sure that makes sense. No one cares how much I sunk into fret jobs or paint jobs on my guitar. Rebuild the motor shouldn't jack up the price, in my opinion.

sorry for the rant, just fighting for the small guy here. LOL

torredcuda

I`ve seen it on a number of FB pages, even if you like the pink and white it`s overpriced by at least $20-25k as it needs a bunch of work to be nice.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/