Main Menu

its $29k today.

Started by kathyscuda, November 12, 2018, 10:00:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 14, 2018, 04:58:47 PM
Quote from: ragtopdodge on November 14, 2018, 11:10:40 AM
Screaming deal.

Just yank off that ugly aftermarket body side moulding and some rallyes and you're done!  Just drive the pretty little car!

What makes you think it's aftermarket?  I had a Challenger with that trim.... It was coded on the FT & BS.....  And I still ripped it off & tossed it...

Because the fender piece comes to a point and the original was squared off  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

the "body side mouldings" on the Gran Coupe are aftermarket & probably installed with rivets every foot or so - that's why they are still there, not a simple fix

the factory Plymouth e-body V5_ - "protective body side mouldings" were available in ~6 colors and were simply stick on with a pinstripe around them :takealook: attached pic is of the leading edge of the fender V5R in "red"

the factory Dodge e-body V5_ - "protective body side mouldings" were similar to what's on the Gran Coupe and had clips, screws & holes in the sheet metal to secure them

headejm

Quote from: ragtopdodge on November 14, 2018, 11:10:40 AM
Screaming deal.

Just yank off that ugly aftermarket body side moulding and some rallyes and you're done!  Just drive the pretty little car!

:iagree: 100%

MONC

I believe it sold for a fair price.
Up close had a lot of body work issues in the quarters, the trunk and a large rust hole in it, and yes a big hole in the original muffler.
Undercarriage was crusty.  Paint had some blemishes in areas, crazing on the front bumper, and pitting on the rear panel.

But a very cool car with some wear and tear and some noted aftermarket and over the years changes.
I''d try to keep it as original as possible, fix the quarter issues, patch the trunk,  clean up the engine compartment and put the correct wheel covers on it and drive it.
:alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for the feedback. I figured Cudas only had the stick on molding with pinstripe. In this case I think the molding tends to shorten up the too high Cuda side profile and helps the looks but that's a major non stock item to live with.
Sheldon