Main Menu

Looking for my dads 74 cuda in Ohio

Started by Ohiowoodchuck, July 22, 2019, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ohiowoodchuck

I've been looking for awhile and I'm not having no luck. I thought maybe there was some members on here that could help. It was my dads car that he either bought new or close to it. It was a 74 model and the tag should come back as a 318 3 speed car. My dad had pulled the orignal motor and transmission and installed a 340 he built along with a 4 speed. It was ralleye red with black interior. It even had a 8 track player in it. It was sold to a guy around 1990 then he had it for a few years and sold it again. I remember seeing the guy who bought it as he came to house and got the orignal motor and transmission, I figure he was in his 60's in the mid to late 90's. Sorry I dont have the vin. I've tried every way I can think of to get the vin. My dad passed away in 08 and the guy he sold it to passed away about 4 years ago. He was a partier so he couldn't never remember the guys name he sold it to. It was suppose to be around the chillicothe ohio area. Any information would be highly appreciated. Even it it was scrapped. I can have closer in my life.

Chryco Psycho

Any insurance papers ?
Do you know the company that insured him , you might get a vin that way

Ohiowoodchuck

I have tried that way and there records didnt go back that far anymore. They even gave me a number to call and that didnt work either. I'm stuck.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama Btw  :wave:

ViperMan

I've been trying to find my Dad's '72 Cuda and lost its trail years ago.  And I even have its VIN number.  With the dawn of sites like eBay and such back in the 90's, it's become possible for cars to move across the country or even the globe, very easily.  It could literally be in France by now, given the growing popularity of these cars in Europe.  And since the DOT and state governments don't really care about these cars that much, there's little effort made to track them.  States like Connecticut don't even issue titles for cars this old.

All that being said, good luck!!!  I agree with Psycho - call the insurance company and see if they still have the VIN number on file.

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan and good luck with your search!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Plumcrazy72

I'm in the same boat as you looking for my dads 74 cuda. Very hard process/ near impossible it seems. Good luck with your searches
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

Ohiowoodchuck

I was 9 when he sold he. I still remember the wild rides he would take me in it. It should would run. It had w2 heads etc. He sold it for 4000 but in 1990 it was just another car. The guy he sold it to had it for around 5 or so years. He never could could remember his name but its surprising he remembers owning the car considering the Budweiser and drugs.

CudaMoparRay

mopar thunder

:welcome: from Florida. Good luck with your search. I am going to start looking for my high school car - 1970 Road Runner. I have zero information but we'll see what happens. The way it was being driven the last time I saw it..... it probably got wrecked.  :angry:  :crying: