Main Menu

Looking for my uncles 70 Cuda

Started by CJBrown, January 07, 2022, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CJBrown

Looking for my uncles 1970 Cuda 440/6. He was the original owner. Any help in finding the current or past owners would be greatly appreciated. The VIN is BS23V0B157043.

Filthy Filbert

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any documentation on who he sold it to, or what year he sold it, do you know whether or not it was sold to a local buyer or an out of state buyer?

Good luck on your search.   Are you hoping to buy it?   I know that if someone knocked on my door and said "my family member used to own that car, I want to buy it from you" it's going to have to be one very sweet deal in my favor to sway me to sell something that I'm not looking to sell.   

CJBrown

From what I understand he sold it in MI, potentially WI around the mid 70's. I did a VIN search and it popped up being sold at the Russo and Steele Scottsdale auction in 2006.

anlauto

What's the colour combination and options, people are likely to remember those before they remember a VIN number  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FlatlandTA

Looks like it sold at Russo Steel back in 06 at least it's alive somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJBrown

cuda hunter

Wow!  You have the window sticker?

Can you post a link to the sale or any pictures from the sale? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

That's pretty cool...any current owner would shit a brick when he sees that  :wowzers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CJBrown

I hope they do see it because we would like to buy it back. I don't have much information about it as my uncle passed away. He worked for Chrystal when he bought it. I figured it may be a long shot but I'm trying to do what I can to find it.

cuda hunter

It's findable.  Especially since it has had a moment in the lime light.

Several folks have found their cars through the forums in the past. They were far more unknown and not V codes.  The V's carry so much more following. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Challenger in NC

Interesting background on the car

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1691603.html

Wish you luck in finding it. I have been searching for my dad's old car for 15 years. If I owned that car, I would want that window sticker so maybe you will be contacted by the present owner if they happen to search the web. Interestingly, Google did not return results for this forum, but perhaps it will eventually show up.

Spikedog08

Saw you posted at cc.com . . glad you signed up here as well.  Good luck with your search!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

6bblgt

these are from the 2006 R-S auction listing/catalog  :takealook:

blown motor

That car has a story. I hope you find it and can buy it back.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

cuda hunter

Thanks to one of the few great guys over at CC.com.

https://www.conceptcarz.com/events/auctionResults/auctionResults.aspx?reportID=5&eventID=363

1970 Plymouth Cuda 440/6
Chassis#: BS23V0B157043    Sold    $135,000-$160,000    $110,324*