Main Menu

nice 70 challenger

Started by ek3, August 02, 2024, 07:26:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I was strongly considering your V-code a few years ago but at that time the distance from me stopped me. Now with the values these cars have attained I have no interest anymore, for me it's too much money tied up for something that will get little use. Too bad but that's how I feel these days. Your car is awesome I think and the right buyer just has to discover it.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

I've had the car on the market since I got my T/A project home from the resto shop after it'd been away for ages, in 2016.  Since then I think 3 people have looked at it.  The first only about a month after I first listed it.  Ironically, I'd gave the guy Greg Nelson's name as a reference, as he was a previous owner, and I later find that when he talked to Greg, Greg ended up selling him a 70 Challenger V code he had at his Mopar Ponderosa business.  Shouldn't he have offered me a commission for sending him a buyer at least?  :please:
This and my experience a few years ago trying to sell my 09 Challenger R/T have left me feeling like I have no idea how to sell cars these days and a failure as at sales, which is why I have chip on my shoulder.  :headbang:
But as I mentioned before, wierd things happen at auctions so take the results you see at them with a grain of salt.  Many here remember a few years ago, a 71 Challenger 340 convertible Alan restored from a very rusty project sold at Mecum Indy for over 300K.  We were all pretty amazed.  Then we found out the buyer bought 4 or 5 cars there, but only paid for one.  I don't know what finally happened with that, never saw the car listed anywhere again.  But few would argue that top dollar for a 71 Challenger vert is maybe 150K, and the fact that one Alan did hammered twice that doesn't change the actual value of them.  It was an anomaly. And the 70 that is the subject of the this thread is an anomaly too, half its BJ sales price is probably top estimate of value.  Some colors will bring really big premiums but orange isn't one of them.  Pink and maybe black can boast value as much as 50%.
On the other hand, a local friend of mine bought this car at Mecum Kissimmee for $135K last January.  Under $150 after fees!  He's since had the car inspected by Dave Wise who raved about it in one of his videos he has on YouTube.  It's supposed to be getting listed by Volo auto sales on consignment but I haven't seen it in their site yet. 4000 mile hemi cuda for low to mid 100s??  :rubeyes:
https://www.mecum.com/lots/1104355/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda/?aa_id=547190-0
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NoPo1nWmU