Main Menu

nice red AAR

Started by kathyscuda, December 18, 2018, 05:22:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kathyscuda

I would go $55k on this. first thing saws all those useless headers off.install stock hipos.
the best part about this reasonably priced aar is .ITS DONE...
not buying a slice o shit roller.waiting 2 years and paying 50+k to have it restored.

https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/cto/d/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda/6774505323.html

6Pack70

Price seems a little bit heavy to me for a non matching numbers, automatic car with quite a few visible things that need to be changed to appear more correct.  Don't get me wrong, it looks to be a very nice AAR, just not 60 grand nice.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

I like it. It would be a nice car to fix the gauges and drive I think. Price is probably a bit negotiable. It would totally depend on what you found on a personal inspection.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Bummer it's an auto, it's got the Rally Dash, front rubber bumper, dual mirrors.... So it got most of the good stuff, just missed the 4spd...  Generally I like automatics especially with a big block but the T/A-AAR just needs a 4spd...

anlauto

Great looking car, nice options....but buying a done car is a huge gamble....

For me this picture tells the whole story of the quality of the body work....the extra body line in the lower rear quarter section tells me it has the flat metal replacement panels from the 80's on it....The panels had a cut line that had to be welded up....I'm not going to mention the area around the bumper....or the disappearing mid line... ::)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

alan .. AGAIN..
this isn't 100k that just rolled out of your shop.
this is closer to 50k I can drive it anytime anywere.
oh it  might rain today I can still go for a drive and not care about getting a speck of rain on it..
this car is a   :perfect10:

anlauto

For $62,500 I'd rather not gamble on what's hiding under the paint.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

Quote from: anlauto on December 19, 2018, 03:39:39 AM
For $62,500 I'd rather not gamble on what's hiding under the paint.
That is were pictures of the restoration help! It gives piece of mind to potential buyers.  :alan2cents:

70 Challenger Lover

I wouldn't shy away from it if it were pretty much what I was looking for. All the e body cars were famous for being poorly made cars right off the line. We have gotten so used to SEMA quality concours perfection that when it is not, we automatically judge it to be junk and not worth having. And if we worried about what might be hidden on every nice car, then no one would ever buy finished cars. We would buy junk piles and pay another 100k to restore it correctly. Which essentially means only top cars like hemis and six packs ever get restored since no one would pay 100k plus for a 72 Challenger 318 automatic car.

When I restored my 70 Superbee, I had hundreds of pictures of everything in every stage. That car needed to new rear quarters so new ones were installed by a professional shop with a fantastic reputation. When I eventually sold it, I remember a guy looking at it telling me the quarters were full of mud. He was full of crap. I visited the car twice a week. It was done right and I took a lot of photos along the way. I tried showing him the photos of the new quarters on without paint but he was so married to his opinion that he couldn't stop to consider that he might be wrong. It didn't take me long to realize he was the wrong buyer. The car certainly wasn't SEMA quality but show me a $26k car that is.

I suspect this guy would come down to 55k for a serious buyer. That's not that far off his asking price.

SeventyTX9RTRag

Since selling my original paint 69 Z28, and my very nice 69 Vette L71 I have been shopping hard for a nice AAR. And from what I have looked at this is not a bad car for the money considering you could get it in the low $50's. It does not work for me because I want an original drivetrain car. What I have found are several automatics, some with original drivetrains (few) but with body work needed or cars that have 130K ish miles on them with an engine rebuild that in my opinion are all used up. Yes there are dealer cars like the guy in Chicago with a 4 speed AAR started at $115K and has since worked his way down to $105K. I looked at a nice car in Chicago (not in person) because the seller told the me tranny was not correct. I say nice, non rally dash, cracked dash pad with other issues. He wanted $69K. Had good documentation. On the other hand there are several more TA's on the market. There is a nice Sublime car in Nova Scotia for sale right now, but really want a AAR.I have been on two goose chases so far looking at cars that just did not work because of the body. I finally broke down and bought an original paint 34K miles W30 442. Far from a AAR, but am not done. I will buy the right 4 speed AAR when it presents itself. My guess with the economy slowing prices may reflect that who knows for these cars? Just my two cents worth

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I've seen quite a few cycles now. When they get this high they generally come down. The problem I see this time is outrageous body shop costs are holding them up.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 20, 2018, 06:55:35 AM
Yes: I've seen quite a few cycles now. When they get this high they generally come down. The problem I see this time is outrageous body shop costs are holding them up.

Not a problem if you already own a restored one. Lol

DocDave

Quote from: anlauto on December 18, 2018, 11:11:21 AM
Great looking car, nice options....but buying a done car is a huge gamble....

For me this picture tells the whole story of the quality of the body work....the extra body line in the lower rear quarter section tells me it has the flat metal replacement panels from the 80's on it....The panels had a cut line that had to be welded up....I'm not going to mention the area around the bumper....or the disappearing mid line... ::)
Care to judge this body work?
DocDave - Retired so I can play

anlauto

Looks better then the above red car :alan2cents:

aussiemark

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on December 19, 2018, 06:49:29 AM
I wouldn't shy away from it if it were pretty much what I was looking for. All the e body cars were famous for being poorly made cars right off the line. We have gotten so used to SEMA quality concours perfection that when it is not, we automatically judge it to be junk and not worth having. And if we worried about what might be hidden on every nice car, then no one would ever buy finished cars. We would buy junk piles and pay another 100k to restore it correctly. Which essentially means only top cars like hemis and six packs ever get restored since no one would pay 100k plus for a 72 Challenger 318 automatic car.

When I restored my 70 Superbee, I had hundreds of pictures of everything in every stage. That car needed to new rear quarters so new ones were installed by a professional shop with a fantastic reputation. When I eventually sold it, I remember a guy looking at it telling me the quarters were full of mud. He was full of crap. I visited the car twice a week. It was done right and I took a lot of photos along the way. I tried showing him the photos of the new quarters on without paint but he was so married to his opinion that he couldn't stop to consider that he might be wrong. It didn't take me long to realize he was the wrong buyer. The car certainly wasn't SEMA quality but show me a $26k car that is.

I suspect this guy would come down to 55k for a serious buyer. That's not that far off his asking price.
It sounds like that guy was just a dreamer and probably didn't have $26 never mind 26k I've encountered people that go on and on about something that could be wrong with a car and then when you prove it is perfect they act disappointed as if they want to buy a car with issues I hate selling anything I am sure there are weirdos going around annoying people trying to sell like some sort of hobby.