Main Menu

Parting out Challenger Convertible

Started by superdave, February 07, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

:headbang: I can't get the link to work. It worked when I cut and pasted it. :-[ Sorry I am a bit tech challenged.

superdave

Thank you Mopardave. Hopefully someone can snag it. Checked on one that was in Hemmings back in the 90s and the guy sent it to the crusher because no one called on it. At least that was his story. :crying: :crying:

340challconvert

Original Craiglist ad from texarkana was posted last August, 2017  (copied below from a search I made)
:fingerscrossed:
1970 Challenger convertible parts car with title RUSTED - Craigslist ...
https://texarkana.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-challenger-convertible/62... -
Aug 15, 2017 - Im lowering price, selling whats left of my challenger rag top, it was to rusty to save, it needs to be rebodied, there are reproduction bodies this would be perfect, I have dash pad with vin attached, core support, drivers door, tags, title, what's left of the rusty body. Also have back glass window for convertible .

Basically looks like he's selling tags and a title!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

71GranCoupe

Is it me, or is that kinda high for some paperwork and a few specific parts?  :clueless:

anlauto

Depends on what is still with the car. If it's complete just MAJORLY rusty, then there could still be a lot of expensive parts on it....if it's a gutted rusted shell with only tags and paper work, that's a different story.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

I've tried to get pictures multiple times with no luck.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Crocha617

I'm pretty sure that the rest of the car is gone. All he's selling is the vin # and paperwork.

Choppintime

Looked at this 70 Challenger convertible this past summer. Car was in central NJ area. Really bad hit on the drivers side. Not much left. Any parts that might be unique were pretty much rusted beyond repair. I passed on it. The guy marked it sold a day later.

anlauto

Again, tons of expensive parts still on that one...Stainless windshield trim, belt moldings door wedges etc....

cuda hunter

Quote from: Choppintime on February 08, 2018, 06:14:28 AM
Looked at this 70 Challenger convertible this past summer. Car was in central NJ area. Really bad hit on the drivers side. Not much left. Any parts that might be unique were pretty much rusted beyond repair. I passed on it. The guy marked it sold a day later.

surprised you passed.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Choppintime

Guy wanted $4500.00 or more? I knew there were some decent parts left there but wasn't worth the hassle.

I have everything I need for my Convertible project. If it was cheaper I would have bit....

340challconvert

The ROE -Return on Equity would have been marginal at $4500 based on what was left on the car.
Selling the tags with the car's numbers could have brought some additional monies; that move is usually dubious and possibly illegal?
:stop:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible