Main Menu

Potential V code Project for sale...

Started by anlauto, November 11, 2017, 10:44:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

An old friend was just here this morning and said he would consider selling his Cuda project to me for $40K CDN, maybe high $30's . I've known he's had this car for 20 years about....

THE GOOD:
1970 V-code
Numbers matching
N96 Shaker hood car
Fender top turn signals
V6X Stripes
Two nice broadcast sheets
Original tags
Lots of NOS take-off parts, painted once fenders/header, lower valance, grill etc....
Not a LOT of rust, but would still need quarters, floor pans etc...overall pretty solid.

THE BAD:
It's a real odd duck as far as options and would really hold back the potential resale of the car.
FT6 Burnt Tan Met.
Saddle Tan Interior
Automatic-console
3:23 8 3/4
No PS
No PB –Drums all around
Budget dash
Budget Mirror
14" steel wheel car/white wall tires
AMD shaker hood...original damaged
Missing some shaker parts like the adaptor ring
Not sure about the correct carbs, but carbs are there
22" rad car

I think the car would look stunning restored back to original and certainly stand out in a sea of red, yellow and purple ones.....but that combo would certainly hold back potential buyers....

I would love a shot at restoring it for somebody :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That car would spin my head around for a 2nd look.  Real Shaker six packs are up there on the cool scale for sure, but like you said, there's some options that you wish were different.  The price he's thinking sounds like a super fair price.  How's the body and rust?  What happened to the front end that caused the original shaker to be damaged?

303 Mopar

What are you estimating all in cost to buy and do a complete restoration on it?  $100k?  Still a V Code, but the color and auto are set backs.  I could even live with the color if it was a 4 spd. 

RUNCHARGER

Sounds like a great project. I would have checked off a few different boxes on the order sheet but still a neat car.
Sheldon

RzeroB

:lurking:  I must be an "oddball" cause I really like the tan interior - especially when combined with a Burnt-Tan exterior!  :veryexcited:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

Quote from: RzeroB on November 11, 2017, 01:35:51 PM
:lurking:  I must be an "oddball" cause I really like the tan interior - especially when combined with a Burnt-Tan exterior!  :veryexcited:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 11, 2017, 11:05:17 AM
What are you estimating all in cost to buy and do a complete restoration on it?  $100k?  Still a V Code, but the color and auto are set backs.  I could even live with the color if it was a 4 spd.

I think for me to buy AND restore it, $100K USD would be a minimum for sure, and because of the colour and the auto, it probably wouldn't sell for much more than $80K ? :dunno: maybe ? Maybe more ?

Let's discuss ....What's it worth FULLY RESTORED ?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 11, 2017, 10:57:46 AM
That car would spin my head around for a 2nd look.  Real Shaker six packs are up there on the cool scale for sure, but like you said, there's some options that you wish were different.  The price he's thinking sounds like a super fair price.  How's the body and rust?  What happened to the front end that caused the original shaker to be damaged?

Not sure the history, but new fenders and valance and header lead to some thought about collision ?

Roadman

Quote from: RzeroB on November 11, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

You and me, oddballs.  Burnt- my fav. So tired of purple.

JH27N0B

Count me in as a fan of the color.  Sorry to step on any toes but after being an ebody freak for 40 years, I don't get very excited anymore about seeing yet another purple or glowworm green or for that matter any high impact color one. I've already seen thousands it seems.
I even look at my red T/A and often wish it was an oddball color like brown.
My '71 is dark autumn bronze and I've lost count of the number of guys who have come up to me at shows over the years and said they love the color, remember a neighbor or relative who had a Mopar that color in the 70s, ask if it's an original color as they've never seen that color on a car at a show, etc.
Of course the follow the leader money guys turn their noses up at buying any E body that isn't purple or glow worm green or some other high impact color, so the car will be hard to sell.
I had to store my '71 two years ago as I ran out of garage space at home, and have tried to sell it with little interest.  I can't say I'm all that sorry that I think I'm stuck with it forever!  :banana:
The money guys can all go  :P themselves, BCM!!! (Brown Cars Matter)

BFM_Cuda

I like it!  Something different, but still...V code and shaker...   :inlove:

anlauto

Any thought of what this project might be worth to buy in US funds ? (AAR hood not included)

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on November 11, 2017, 06:10:08 PM
Any thought of what this project might be worth to buy in US funds ? (AAR hood not included)

'70 BS or BH?  Engine?  4spd or auto? Any more info on options, buildsheet, tag?  Hard to say with just one pic of half a car.

Cuda Cody

I would say $32K Canadian (About $25K US) would be a fair number.   :alan2cents:

xx88man

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 11, 2017, 09:32:29 PM
I would say $32K Canadian (About $25K US) would be a fair number.   :alan2cents:

Hey Cody, I'm thinking you are familiar with this car?      :notsure:
Keep yer foot in it