Main Menu

Real R-code HemiCuda for only $97.5K!

Started by RzeroB, January 30, 2018, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

http://www.classiccarslasvegas.com/detail-1970-plymouth-cuda-hemi-used-17291342.html

It's not a bad looking car ... and it's the "real deal" ... but ... (there's always a "but" isn't there?) ... it's done a little "morphing" in it's life (see tags below). The last time I saw this car for sale in 2016 with a different company they were asking a more substantial $160K for it. Now it's only $97.5K - that's 40% off! So it had some changes ... it still is a real R-code and there are HemiCuda "clones" created from G-code cars out there that are going for about the same amount of $$$. Seems almost too good to be true (maybe?)!

what it is simulated to be now (note the packages, color and transmission codes) ...

with the exception of the tags actual color, what the car actually was (note the color and transmission codes) ...

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

100 grand is nothing to sneeze at.
its had a color change ,
and a tranny change.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  how much do you want it to be.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

750-h2

A real R code. They should have definitely left it F8, auto and original tag. Would have been way more valuable.

kdcarman

Quote from: 750-h2 on January 30, 2018, 05:55:53 PM
A real R code. They should have definitely left it F8, auto and original tag. Would have been way more valuable.

I agree

anlauto

I think it's nice that there is still proof of the original tag, and that is reflected in the asking price. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

GY3R/T

Is that the original fender tag ? and is it with the car ?

Cuda Cody

That's a tough one.  Why would you take a real Hemi R code and fake a tag, color, trans and all that.. when you have a cool car to start?   :headbang:  That's explains why it's so cheap.  You would have to restore it again to fix the faked things now.   :Thud:

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 30, 2018, 10:01:57 PM
That's a tough one.  Why would you take a real Hemi R code and fake a tag, color, trans and all that.. when you have a cool car to start?   :headbang:  That's explains why it's so cheap.  You would have to restore it again to fix the faked things now.   :Thud:

And it's still going to carry this "history" even if corrected.  $80K??

anlauto

Quote from: GY3R/T on January 30, 2018, 08:01:14 PM
Is that the original fender tag ? and is it with the car ?

No one would fake a tag and make the car green and automatic.... :rofl: :rofl:

Even if that tag was destroyed, there's obvious internet history of it in the form of that picture.

GY3R/T

I wouldn't give a second look if it didn't at least have original fender tag. Having the tag in hand is alot different then a picture.

RzeroB

:thinking:  I'd hit it for something near that price and just enjoy it as is  :burnout: ... it would be a stretch, but it would probably be the only way that I could get back into a real R-code - even if it is a morphed one. However, it wouldn't leave me enough reserve for unexpected contingencies and it would be just my luck that my homes HVAC system or something else would go out right after I bought it.  :bricks:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

mopargem

If it were my car now and the original tag is indeed mia, I would make a fake (repop) tag of the original tag from this pic and then remove the bogus tag and screw the new one in place and be happy and drive and enjoy my Hemi 'cuda!

anlauto

Quote from: mopargem on February 03, 2018, 04:36:36 PM
If it were my car now and the original tag is indeed mia, I would make a fake (repop) tag of the original tag from this pic and then remove the bogus tag and screw the new one in place and be happy and drive and enjoy my Hemi 'cuda!

I agree with this plan  :iagree:

Spikedog08

That is exactly what I was thinking as well.  I have a picture of the original, make a copy just like it and screw it on!  Great minds think alike! 

:worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!