Main Menu

$30,000...for an “F” body?

Started by Matt13, April 07, 2021, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

BIGSHCLUNK

Crushed several over the years (back then) Always more rust than metal. Some of those slants did run well tho

anlauto

I owned a few of them too, loved those cars :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

Looks like a dealer so of course priced too high but they have come up a lot in value recently.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

You don't see nice ones around that often... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

HP2

That is a very clean unit, especially for a '76, which came with factory rust. By '78 they had fixed those issues and the' 78-'80 version  are usually pretty solid, comparatively speaking.  $30k is typically Kit Car or Super Coupe territory.  R/T and Road Runners are usually low, maybe even mid $20s, in this condition.

I like the F bodies and have had several that I've raced. Surprisingly, I've never had one as a street car. They are as long as an A body and as wide as a B body. The small blocks respond well to modifications and they are certainly a less expensive way to get a classic RWD Mopar. My Aspens usually ran low 12s @115 in Denver. I put many a big block B or E body Mopar on the trailer with my lowly F body cars. 

anlauto

I had a black on black 77 with T-Tops, always wanted to clone it into an R/T, but never got around to it... :no:

gzig5

I had a black '77 RT 318/4 spd with the the sun roof.  It didn't have the louvers or spoiler though.  That was a fun car and unlike a lot of Mopars in the mid-west, it was very solid, at least it was 30 years ago.  Probably rusted to dust by now.  Another one I wish I been able to hang on to.

jimynick

Quote from: Matt13 on April 07, 2021, 07:56:53 PM
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ultra-original-dodge-aspen-r-t-is-a-downsized-29500-love-letter-to-the-1970s-158871.html
  I sadly admit I owned one with the slant 6. Traded it for a 1966 Fairlane!
You got the best of the deal! I like '66 Fairlanes. My buddy had one that we converted from a beige in and out, 2 dr ht 289 column shift bench seat slug, to a gold exterior, black GTA bucket seat, console shifted interior with a 428 Super Cobra Jet/C6/9" Detroit Locker, Camaro killer.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

jordan

66 Fairlane 500XL 390 top loader 4sp was my first "muscle car" I bought in 1994.  I wanted a E-body, but decided a larger trunk and back seat would be better for towing my race bike and equipment to the surrounding states to race.  I restored it back to stock but kept the 427 hood for fun.  I had lots of fun in that car when I was a young man.  But I dont miss it.  It was a boat with bad brakes and steering.  It wasn't fast either.  It did what I asked of it and that was it.  I will take my E-bodies any day.  Maybe even a F-body.  Did the Fairlanes appreciate in value over the past 25 years?
"Don't brake until you see God!"

gygeneral

Yep like those, here is mine 77 model