Main Menu

T/A for sale

Started by Markp, February 02, 2017, 09:13:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Markp

If I had the money this would be in my garage right now. Gorgeous T/A I am in love.  :inlove: :takemymoney:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/dodge/challenger/1913228.html
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Cuda Cody

Love me some Purple!   :inlove:  For the amount of money they are asking I wish it had more little details correct.  But over all looks like a nice car!

Husk Challenger

What a great car!

I love the color combo. Perfect Imho!  :woohoo:
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Markp

1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

DetMatt

It's a beauty but it's over-restored imo, the hood even fits too good!

headejm

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 02, 2017, 09:39:13 AM
Love me some Purple!   :inlove:  For the amount of money they are asking I wish it had more little details correct.  But over all looks like a nice car!

@Cuda Cody For training purposes, what do you see wrong? I see that it is $85k and not numbers matching driveline (or they don't know how to word an advertisement). My dream T/A is FC7, white top, black interior. They should have left the white vinyl top on for me!

70chall440

Awesome car, makes me want to put a TA hood on my 10 PCP RT... At one time I was seriously considering selling off all of my vintage cars and focusing on modern LX cars; the idea was to build a TA and AAR variants, but I just cannot do it....  :(
Mopar or no car!!!

RUNCHARGER

Aftermarket rad, rear springs not cambered enough, incorrect headlight door finishing, incorrect plating on just about all plated items, wrong aircleaner lid etc. (I don't like to critique other's cars but you asked). Nice car but for that price you have to hit these items. I would expect to spend about $5k and a bunch of time correcting the little things, don't get me wrong though I'd love to have the car.

Sheldon
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Since it's for "training" purposes and not meant to pick someones car a part I'll point out a few small things I see.  Again, beautiful car and not meant as disrespect.  Just sharing information and helping anyone who wants to learn more of the finer details about E-Bodies.  In this case a 1970 Challenger T/A:

• Front Grill is painted wrong.  Should have 2 ribs of silver showing, it's all black.
  • Area behind the grille should be blacked out
  • Should have chrome letters on dash script
  • Chrome ignition switch and wrong flasher (I even use those so I can't be to mad... lol)
  • AMD Front Fenders without the holes fixed to make it look like a 1970 fender
  • Heater Blower motor should be plated Zinc, not paint black in 9170.  71 and up I think are black
  • Wrong radiator
  • small By Pass cooling hose should have been painted Orange
  • Chrome oil cap should have been orange
  • Engine intake bolts are black, should be painted engine color
  • Wrong six pack air intake (not a 340 T/A) Like a $1,500 missing piece
  • Brake reservoir lid should be black, not plated silver
  • Heat shield should be engine color, not black
  • Mufflers should be painted black
  • Control arms should be Cosmoline
  • Sway bar should be black not silver

Maybe I should stop there.  The car looks really good and will make someone very happy.  I would love to own that car!  Also, I'm not the end all expert.  I could be wrong on somethings.  Each car was built by different people at the factory and the owner might have documents that shows how they restored it is correct.

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 02, 2017, 09:39:13 AM

@Cuda Cody For training purposes, what do you see wrong? I see that it is $85k and not numbers matching driveline (or they don't know how to word an advertisement). My dream T/A is FC7, white top, black interior. They should have left the white vinyl top on for me!

71GranCoupe

Also, one thing that sticks out is the tape line on the cowl paint to the firewall. As far as I know, they factory never taped when they painted. They did it without tape and is never consistent from one car to another. It is a point many miss when doing a restoration.   :alan2cents:

I have to agree, this car would be welcome in my car coral any day of the week.  :perfect10:, or at least a 9.1,

anlauto

Took me 0.03 seconds to decide the tires are wrong, that's enough for me to keep walking... :P
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

@Cuda Cody Great list. This type of "constructive critique" provides a lot of value to me and I'm sure others. I'm in the middle of a restoration and although it won't be a "perfect" restoration, I do not want to make basic mistakes. It's just as easy to do it correctly the first time.  :thankyou:

ec_co

:iagree:

I see it as constructive learning so myself and others don't get some of the finer details wrong if trying to do it 'as born' (or at least close to it)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cudakiller70

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 12:59:50 PM
@Cuda Cody Great list. This type of "constructive critique" provides a lot of value to me and I'm sure others. I'm in the middle of a restoration and although it won't be a "perfect" restoration, I do not want to make basic mistakes. It's just as easy to do it correctly the first time.  :thankyou:
Yup well done @Cuda Cody this is a great way for me to learn details like this and you not being a Richard Cranium. Awesome Thanks  :drinkingbud: :ohyeah:

headejm

@Cuda Cody up above you said "Brake reservoir lid should be black, not plated silver". I see a lot of master cylinder lids that are a yellow dichromate finish, not painted black. Mine on my car is not painted black. What are the rules for those?